Groups
    EXPIRED

Win a copy of The Long, Long Life of Trees!

We've 10 copies of The Long, Long Life of Trees to giveaway - a lyrical tribute to the diversity of trees, their physical beauty, their special characteristics and uses, and their ever-evolving meanings.

In this beautiful book, Fiona Stafford explores how trees are deeply entwined with human history and culture, not simply for the practical materials they provide but also as inspiration for stories, myths, songs, poems, paintings, and as spiritual and national symbols. She devotes separate chapters to seventeen common trees, including ash, apple, cherry, cypress, elm, hawthorn, pine, oak, and willow.

The author also pays homage to particular trees, such as the fabled Ankerwyke Yew, under which Henry VIII courted Anne Boleyn, and the spectacular cherry trees of Washington, D.C. Stafford discusses practical uses of wood past and present, tree diseases and environmental threats, and trees’ potential contributions toward slowing global climate change. Brimming with unusual topics and intriguing facts, this book celebrates trees and their long, long lives as our inspiring and beloved natural companions.

To be in with a chance of winning a copy of The Long, Long Life of Trees, simply answer the following question correctly:

Elm .....My Answer

11 Comments

Thank you

Thank You

Thank you

Common non-native trees: Link
    My answer: Spruce

Thank you

Thanks

Thanks.

THANKS

Original Poster

R9O2g1e9r

Common non-native trees: LinkMy answer: SpruceThank you

Oops..I should of done more research. Thanks for posting your answer

x

Thanks

thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. TopCashBack - Summer Treats Competition Answers3671
      2. WIN an adventure in Québec – worth £3,600 @ lonely planet1111
      3. Win a luxury bathroom scheme with Sottini worth £7,000 @ Good Homes1111
      4. WIN A FOUR-NIGHT CRUISE AND STAY BREAK TO SANTANDER, SPAIN @ Manor Magazine1111

See more discussions