EXPIRED

Win a family ticket to see Elmer this Easter at Mac Cannon Hill @ raring 2 go

Win a family ticket to see Elmer this Easter at Mac Cannon Hill.

Elmer the patchwork elephant comes to mac Birmingham this Easter

Join Elmer on a vibrant, musical safari through the jungle to celebrate everything that makes us unique. Full of original song, audience participation, colourful costumes and a chance to join Elmer in the Elmer’s Day Parade. Produced by Riverside Performing Arts, it will enthral and captivate even the youngest audience members as they learn with Elmer that everyone is special just the way they are. Families can enjoy performances at mac Birmingham from 15 to 20 April, alongside free activities throughout the run, including a sensory space, arts and crafts.

Elmer the patchwork elephant loves to make his friends laugh but he’s tired of being different. When he hides his “true colours” and tries to blend in, he discovers, with help from his friends, that he’s happiest just being himself.

Audiences can also join in Elmer’s adventures as part of the Elmer’s Day Parade, come along to mac nice and early before the show to decorate your elephant ears or download the elephant ear template from mac website and have fun decorating at home!

A relaxed performance with a chance to meet the cast and explore the set beforehand will take place at 11am on Sunday 16th April and performances with BSL will take place on Wednesday 19th April at 11am and 2pm.

Alongside the performance audiences are invited to book into one of the fun, free, interactive workshops being run at mac by Cloud Cuckoo Land. Enter the elephant swamp – a relaxed and beautiful installation while playing with Elmer’s friends. Explore a colourful, sensory landscape, and take part in themed activities.

Within the swamp visitors can:

Follow in an elephants footsteps

Explore Elmer’s mirrored lagoon

Relax and enjoy the beautiful colours.

In addition between 15-20 April, join Elmer and Riverside Performing Arts for a free, drop in activity, one hour before every show, at 10am and 1pm, to design your own colourful elephant ears to wear during the performance.

Adapted from the well-loved children’s book, Elmer by David McKee published by Andersen Press this will delight younger audiences, aged 3-8 years.

Audience Feedback

“This is the most age appropriate production I’ve ever seen! The performance was perfect for the foundation stage. The actors were animated and encouraged the children’s participation.” Nursery Teacher

“From the moment it started the children were captivated and the performers seemed to innately understand just how to communicate with young children” Primary School Teacher

“I want to be patchwork colour. I never want to be grey. I want to let my true colours shine out!” child after watching an Elmer performance.

“That was SO good. My daughter sat on the edge of her seat all the way through!” Parent

For press enquiries please contact Sarah Auger at Riverside Performing Arts at: saraha@riverside-performingarts.org.uk or Marcia Springer at mac Birmingham at: marcia.springer@macbirmingham.co.uk or call 0121 446 3237.

What does Elmer like to make his friends do ?

laugh>>>>>>>My Answer

cry

sneeze

1 Comment

x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes Saturday 19/08 at 1:50pm)11
    2. WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO NEW YORK @ Shortlist55
    3. Win the Vintage Classics British film collection @ Telegraph1313