Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Win a Nintendo Switch Lite with hotukdeals gaming (Facebook)

Refreshed 7th Oct (Posted 1st Oct)
Update 1
Competition closes at 6pm Tuesday 8th October. If you haven't had chance to enter yet, you best hurry
Hey guys - I'm not sure if most of you are aware, but hotukdeals have a rather awesome Facebook page that's dedicated purely to gaming. If you're not following, I can only suggest that you really should be!! It's a great source of information for all gaming related topics such as news, new releases, the best gaming DEALS and above all, a little bit of fun

3302938.jpg
The super duper guys at hotukdeals have decided to give away a Nintendo Switch Lite and you can choose one of the three colours available to win. All that is asked is that you simply like the page, tag one of your mates in the comments section on the Facebook page and we'll automatically enter your comment into the winners pool.

A winner for the Switch Lite will be chosen at random on Tuesday 8th October at 6pm and will be notified via their Facebook account.

Entries to the competition can done so in the comments section the hotukdeals gaming Facebook page!

Please note:This competition is purely for Facebook members but we hope to have further competitions on other social channels and/or on-site in the near future

[Nintendo Switch Deals]
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
"tag your mates" annoys me and is also against FB ToS
sicmay02/10/2019 17:15

Not many people know that but it is actually true: "Friend connections must not be used to administer promotions" “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted”. Okay mods please do not ban me.
I hate this tagging nonsense and invite your mate, just irritates people more. If my friends did that to me I would tell them stop straight up or block list lol i remember the one plus phone the very first one. Omg, vowed never to buy from that brand ever.
33 Comments
Doing my very bad math skills. If we calculate the ratio of how many likes since the FB post along with the average amount per 24hours until the end date. Factoring in the publicity of hukd and buzz we can add more to the end result (I doubled the numbers) . I can see the chances of winning is 2.1%... if anyone's interested.
I'm not on Facebook - do comps on twitter please ;-)
Nice comp guys, ty for mentioning it here!
Maximillian2602/10/2019 16:21

Doing my very bad math skills. If we calculate the ratio of how many likes …Doing my very bad math skills. If we calculate the ratio of how many likes since the FB post along with the average amount per 24hours until the end date. Factoring in the publicity of hukd and buzz we can add more to the end result (I doubled the numbers) . I can see the chances of winning is 2.1%... if anyone's interested.

I can't tell if you are joking, there's already 1300 likes, 1/1300 = 0.07% assuming no more people enter!
nemesis60002/10/2019 16:38

I can't tell if you are joking, there's already 1300 likes, 1/1300 = 0.07% …I can't tell if you are joking, there's already 1300 likes, 1/1300 = 0.07% assuming no more people enter!

Yes, I did it completely wrong. As suspected.
sicmay02/10/2019 17:15

Not many people know that but it is actually true: "Friend connections must not be used to administer promotions" “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted”. Okay mods please do not ban me.
Most people haven’t followed instruction and are also writing more than just a tag and colour in the comments so it’s a pretty high win percentage for those who followed the compdirectly.
Larlen02/10/2019 17:28

Not many people know that but it is actually true: "Friend connections …Not many people know that but it is actually true: "Friend connections must not be used to administer promotions" “tag your friends in this post to enter” are not permitted”. Okay mods please do not ban me.

Exactly. Its probably not enforced but that's not the point.

I've put the colour I'm interested in but not tagged. Be interesting if that invalidates me.....
Edited by: "sicmay" 2nd Oct
I hate this tagging nonsense and invite your mate, just irritates people more. If my friends did that to me I would tell them stop straight up or block list lol i remember the one plus phone the very first one. Omg, vowed never to buy from that brand ever.
One Switch and already 3.4k comments i got no chance lol
Why is this a Facebook only competition and not here to? I refuse to go near Facebook too many dodgy stories about it
hotukdealsuser07/10/2019 12:42

Why is this a Facebook only competition and not here to? I refuse to go …Why is this a Facebook only competition and not here to? I refuse to go near Facebook too many dodgy stories about it

Agreed.

hotukdealsuser07/10/2019 12:42

Why is this a Facebook only competition and not here to? I refuse to go …Why is this a Facebook only competition and not here to? I refuse to go near Facebook too many dodgy stories about it

38621416-kJwGy.jpg
this keeps sending me to facebook marketplace really strange
bargain7607/10/2019 13:36

Same here, it goes to daily deals rakuten ?!? …Same here, it goes to daily deals rakuten ?!? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/deals/?ref=affiliate_external&referral_story_type=daily_deals_rakuten

Seems as rakuten has hacked HotdealsUK :P
Who uses Facebook in 2019?
D3ATHST3P07/10/2019 15:12

Who uses Facebook in 2019?

“2.41 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2019” according to Statista
Is it one entry per friend you tag or one entry per person?
dongrumble07/10/2019 15:27

“2.41 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2019” acc …“2.41 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2019” according to Statista

You telling me a third of the world's population is actively on Facebook...?
Phazon.UK07/10/2019 16:30

You telling me a third of the world's population is actively on …You telling me a third of the world's population is actively on Facebook...?

A lot right? It’s not my stat, you have access to the internet so you can do your own research. Makes your initial comment a bit ridiculous tho, doesn’t it? suggesting the no one uses it...
dongrumble07/10/2019 15:27

“2.41 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2019” acc …“2.41 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2019” according to Statista

Dumb people using a service that does everything to invade and sell your personal data
D3ATHST3P07/10/2019 16:34

Dumb people using a service that does everything to invade and sell your …Dumb people using a service that does everything to invade and sell your personal data

We get it, you’re edgy and cool and don’t use Facebook.
dongrumble07/10/2019 17:24

We get it, you’re edgy and cool and don’t use Facebook.

Edgy and cool? Nah just not naive. Facebook is for uneducated masses who do not use their brains and don’t understand how important personal data is. If you try and talk to someone about it, they just don’t care, and continue to use it after every monthly data “breach”.
Edited by: "D3ATHST3P" 7th Oct
I wouldn't join Facebook if you give me the Switch. Not because I'm edgy, cool or concerned about privacy. I'm just not bothered about every detail of people's mundane lives, family included. I don't care that you've checked in to Dolly's Ice Cream in the pouring rain with your snot infested brats...

MySpace forever!
D3ATHST3P07/10/2019 18:10

Edgy and cool? Nah just not naive. Facebook is for uneducated masses who …Edgy and cool? Nah just not naive. Facebook is for uneducated masses who do not use their brains and don’t understand how important personal data is. If you try and talk to someone about it, they just don’t care, and continue to use it after every monthly data “breach”.

Lol shut up you melt.

How can anyone that uses the number '3' as an 'E' in 2019 comment on anyone else's activity online?
dbizal07/10/2019 22:22

Lol shut up you melt. How can anyone that uses the number '3' as an 'E' in …Lol shut up you melt. How can anyone that uses the number '3' as an 'E' in 2019 comment on anyone else's activity online?

Random old username that I use for throwaway accounts.

Run back to Facebook you brainless sheep.
D3ATHST3P07/10/2019 22:25

Random old username that I use for throwaway accounts. Run back to …Random old username that I use for throwaway accounts. Run back to Facebook you brainless sheep.

Make sure to look behind you when you walk... the Internet is always watching.
dbizal07/10/2019 22:27

Make sure to look behind you when you walk... the Internet is always …Make sure to look behind you when you walk... the Internet is always watching.

You’re the type of person to use your real name everywhere so when someone looks you up, they can get every single little piece of information about your life and you wouldn’t care even a little bit. You’d probably welcome facial recognition systems into the UK and other various different means to completely diminish all remains of what left we have of privacy in this country.
D3ATHST3P07/10/2019 22:34

You’re the type of person to use your real name everywhere so when someone …You’re the type of person to use your real name everywhere so when someone looks you up, they can get every single little piece of information about your life and you wouldn’t care even a little bit. You’d probably welcome facial recognition systems into the UK and other various different means to completely diminish all remains of what left we have of privacy in this country.

You're the type of person that sits indoors with the electric off, locks your phone outside wrapped in tin foil.
dbizal07/10/2019 22:42

You're the type of person that sits indoors with the electric off, locks …You're the type of person that sits indoors with the electric off, locks your phone outside wrapped in tin foil.

Or just a guy that avoids using anti consumer websites that abuse the use of your personal information, but hey, I guess that works too if you wanna see it like that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants