Expired

Win a Visionary Mira Ceti telescope worth £300! @ Space Answers / All about Space

35 replies
Found 24th Sep 2016Made hot 24th Sep 2016
With shorter days and longer nights just around the corner, we’ve got the telescope that’s ideal for observing the wonders of the night sky.

The Visionary Mira Ceti 150 1400 is the perfect companion for viewing a wide range of night sky targets – from the planets in our Solar System to deep sky objects such as the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy. Thanks to Optical Hardware Ltd, we’re giving one of these six-inch, medium-sized telescopes away.

The Cassini Division is associated with which planet's ring system?

ANSWER: b) Saturn

en.wikipedia.org/wik…urn

------------------

Completion message:

Good luck 'name'!

We will announce the winner shortly.

==============================

35 Comments

I had a different question because I hit refresh!

Thank you, I had a different question
Q. In which arm of the Milky Way is the Solar System located?
Answer: A. Orion Arm. (The Solar System, including the Earth, lies within the Orion Arm.)

Edited by: "waterpolo" 24th Sep 2016

cheers

thanks all honky dory

Thanks

Thanks

thank you

Thanks

Thanks

thanks

Thanks marba x

Thanks

thanks

Thank you

Cheers

Thanks

Cheers marba

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Original Poster

waterpolo

Thank you, I had a different questionQ. In which arm of the Milky Way is … Thank you, I had a different questionQ. In which arm of the Milky Way is the Solar System located?Answer: A. Orion Arm. (The Solar System, including the Earth, lies within the Orion Arm.)

That is the question from the previous competition - Win a Meade Polaris 90EQ telescope worth £250! at
spaceanswers.com/com…50/

This competition is at
spaceanswers.com/com…-3/
and the question there is "The Cassini Division is associated with which planet's ring system?"

But there is something odd going on here and I will report it to the site.

If you go to spaceanswers.com/com…-3/ the question is
"The Cassini Division is associated with which planet's ring system?" but as you scroll down past the competition you then find the previous comp with the question "In which arm of the Milky Way is the Solar System located?". And you can continue scrolling down and you will see further old competitions. Also as you are scrolling down the URL field changes to reflect the original URL of each of those competitions!.
And as you have mentioned, if you go to spaceanswers.com/com…-3/ and then press refresh, the question can change.
This will occur if the refresh is done after the URL has changed from the original URL.

(I am curious why you decided to press refresh, but no matter, the actual problem seems to be because of the fact that the URL changes).

I will do some more investigation and then report this to the site.:)

Something odd seems to be happening. There are more competitions further down the page which still haven't ended, where you have to "answer the question below*" but there is no question and nowhere to click.

Thank you

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you

Thanks! automatically got entered into 2 other comps

THANKS

THANKS

Thank you

Many thanks

Thanks

Thank You

Thanks

Original Poster

marba01

That is the question from the previous competition - Win a Meade Polaris … That is the question from the previous competition - Win a Meade Polaris 90EQ telescope worth £250! athttps://www.spaceanswers.com/competitions/win-a-meade-polaris-90eq-telescope-worth-250/This competition is athttps://www.spaceanswers.com/competitions/win-a-visionary-mira-ceti-telescope-worth-300-3/and the question there is "The Cassini Division is associated with which planet's ring system?"But there is something odd going on here and I will report it to the site.If you go to https://www.spaceanswers.com/competitions/win-a-visionary-mira-ceti-telescope-worth-300-3/ the question is "The Cassini Division is associated with which planet's ring system?" but as you scroll down past the competition you then find the previous comp with the question "In which arm of the Milky Way is the Solar System located?". And you can continue scrolling down and you will see further old competitions. Also as you are scrolling down the URL field changes to reflect the original URL of each of those competitions!. And as you have mentioned, if you go to https://www.spaceanswers.com/competitions/win-a-visionary-mira-ceti-telescope-worth-300-3/ and then press refresh, the question can change. This will occur if the refresh is done after the URL has changed from the original URL.(I am curious why you decided to press refresh, but no matter, the actual problem seems to be because of the fact that the URL changes). I will do some more investigation and then report this to the site.:) .

It is now fixed.
When you go to spaceanswers.com/com…-3/ and scroll down it no longer continues through to previous competitions and the URL stays the same.

So the correct question is "The Cassini Division is associated with which planet's ring system?"
ANSWER: b) Saturn

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769396
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4497
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322856
    4. Add one, leave one game54415429

See more discussions