Expired

Win An Original Oil Painting By Yvonne Coomber, Worth £2,200 @ Period Ideas

Found 7th Apr 2016
Yvonne Coomber is one of the UK’s most exciting and experimental artists. Her floral paintings, which draw inspiration from the tumbling hedgerows, ancient woodland and sprawling landscapes of her native Devon, are unique and popping with colour.

The mixed media pieces often include glitter, gold leaf, freshly picked flowers, with layers of rainbow-strewn pigments and paint. The finished effect is kaleidoscopic, and yet harmonious. “I paint using a variety of materials as I want to create a visual language that’s both simple and complex,” says Yvonne. “I want to communicate light, joy, freedom and magic. I use glitter because of its light reflecting qualities and ability to light up a final image, to make it sparkle and sing.”

There’s also a feeling of indulgence and luxury in Yvonne’s work, achieved by the many materials that she combines. “The glitter I use is sourced carefully and contains diamond dust amongst other ingredients,” she says. “Gold adds richness and depth, and I choose authentic gold leaf because it illuminates and dazzles.”

Period Ideas has teamed up with Yvonne Coomber to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a gorgeous original artwork. The oil painting on canvas with glitter is entitled ‘My Heart Skips a Beat with Your Sweet Kisses’, measures at 90cm x 90cm, and is valued at £2,200.

From which county does Yvonne draw inspiration?

Answer : Devon

Completion message :
Your entry was successfully submitted. Thank you!
Community Updates
19 Comments
Thank You!
Thanks
GREAT well done
THANKS
thanx
cheers
Thanks
Thank You
Thanks X)
thanks