EXPIRED

Win an Xbox One Console, iPhone SE 16GB & Virgin Driving Experience @ Recombu

Welcome to Recombu's Christmas Pub Quiz, enter below to see how well you know all things Christmas and be in with a chance to win an amazing bundle of prizes. Good Luck!

Please see comment#1 for the answers to the quiz, good luck!

Completion message:

You scored 20 out of 20!

========================

29 Comments

Original Poster

Question 1 of 20
What is boxing day otherwise known as?
St Stephen’s Day

Question 2 of 20
How many gifts in total are given in the classic song, The 12 Days of Christmas?

Question 3 of 20
Who was Scrooge’s business partner and friend in Dickens’ A Christmas Carol?
Jacob Marley

Question 4 of 20
The Christmas tree in London’s Trafalgar Square is traditionally given by which country?
Norway

Question 5 of 20
Which of these is not one of the eight reindeer referenced in the poem ‘Twas the night before Christmas’
Rudolph

Question 6 of 20
In The Office Christmas Special part two, which 1983 Christmas number 1 by the Flying Pickets was played in the Christmas party scene?
Only You

Question 7 of 20
In the Vicar of Dibley Christmas Special of 1996, how many Christmas dinners does Geraldine eat?

Question 8 of 20
In the 1996 Only Fools and Horses Christmas episode Heroes and Villains, Del and Rodney show up to a wake dressed as what?
Batman and Robin

Question 9 of 20
Who sang ‘Walking in the Air’ in the 1982 TV film, The Snowman?
Peter Auty

Question 10 of 20
In the Friends season seven Christmas special, what does Ross dress up as to teach his son Ben about the jewish celebration of Hanukkah?
Holiday Armadillo

Question 11 of 20
The Darkness reached number 2 in 2003 with their festive tune Christmas Time (Don’t let the bells end). Who is the frontman of the band?
Justin hawkins

Question 12 of 20
What famous Christmas song contains the lyrics below?
‘So happy Christmas, I love you baby, I can see a better time, when all our dreams come true’
Fairytale of New York

Question 13 of 20
Who did Rage against the Machine pip to the Christmas number 1 spot after a public campaign against The X Factor in 2009?
Joe McElderry

Question 14 of 20
Which band other than The Beatles have also managed three years of consecutive Christmas No1’s?
The Spice Girls

Question 15 of 20
With whom did Sir Bob Geldof write Do They Know It’s Christmas?
midge ure

Question 16 of 20
In the 2003 Christmas movie Elf, what does Buddy say are the four main food groups that the elves stick to?
Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corn and Syrup

Question 17 of 20
What is the name of the kid in the 2003 Christmas comedy Bad Santa?
Thurman Merman

Question 18 of 20
In the 1990 Christmas movie Home Alone, what is Kevin’s favourite pizza?
Cheese Pizza

Question 19 of 20
What is the name of the character played by Chevy Chase in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation?
Clark Griswold

Question 20 of 20
Mogwai, the cute fluffy animal in the classic Christmas movie Gremlins, was a Christmas present found in which type of store?
Antique Store

You scored 20 out of 20!

thank you

Thank you

Question 7 is 3 Christmas Dinners
Question 9 is Aled Jones

But it won't let you select these options, so your score can only be 18/20. Very odd!

tarf

Question 7 is 3 Christmas DinnersQuestion 9 is Aled Jones But it won't … Question 7 is 3 Christmas DinnersQuestion 9 is Aled Jones But it won't let you select these options, so your score can only be 18/20. Very odd!

Almost as if those are the wrong answers or something..

Cheers, everything seems to be working OK. Using Opera Browser.

Original Poster

tarf

Question 7 is 3 Christmas DinnersQuestion 9 is Aled Jones But it won't … Question 7 is 3 Christmas DinnersQuestion 9 is Aled Jones But it won't let you select these options, so your score can only be 18/20. Very odd!

The answers I gave are correct, the answers you are trying to give are incorrect.

Question 7
In the Vicar of Dibley Christmas Special of 1996, how many Christmas dinners does Geraldine eat?

comedy.co.uk/tv/…/2/
Later on, Geraldine is inundated with several tempting offers of Christmas lunch, none of which she can happily dodge without grossly offending someone. Reluctantly, she decides she can force down a small serving at each, and so agrees to go to all three: with David and Hugo; Jim and Frank; and Alice, her mum and sister.

Geri politely eats her way through some very big Christmas dinners in order to be nice to her parishioners, before Owen surprises her with a fourth!
-----------------------------

Question 9
Who sang ‘Walking in the Air’ in the 1982 TV film, The Snowman?

en.wikipedia.org/wik…uty
Auty is a former choirboy who sang at St Paul's Cathedral. At the age of 13, he sang "Walking in the Air", the theme song to the 1982 animated film The Snowman. Most people thought Aled Jones was the original singer, but his version was a cover of the song released as a single in 1985. Auty's version, which was recorded especially for The Snowman, had been released as a single two years earlier. Due to a rush to finish the film on time, Auty was not credited on the film until it was remastered in 2002.

---------------------------

Edited by: "marba01" 17th Dec 2016

Thank You

Thank you: Good Luck. Merry Christmas.

thanks as always & for all your time!
Edited by: "FingerzCrossed" 17th Dec 2016

Ok, apologies Marba. But I did put in your answers and it only came up 18/20. Did this happen to anyone else? x

thanks

Something is wrong with the finishing dates in the terms and conditions ?
Recombu's 12 Days of Christmas Competition will run from Wednesday 9th December 2015 Until 23:59 on Sunday 20th December 2015.

Question 2 of 20
How many gifts in total are given in the classic song, The 12 Days of Christmas?
Also when i click 12 on this second question it changes to 364 ? So i only get 19 questions correct

Edited by: "telmealing" 17th Dec 2016

big thanks

many thanks

Ok so everybody thinks t+c are correct and nobody is having problems entering 12 in question 2 ,only me ?
cheers

Thanks

Original Poster

telmealing

Ok so everybody thinks t+c are correct and nobody is having problems … Ok so everybody thinks t+c are correct and nobody is having problems entering 12 in question 2 ,only me ?cheers

Telmealing - 12 is an incorrect answer, I think that you have misunderstood the question.

intmath.com/blo…686

Notice that on each day there is one partridge (so I will have 12 partridges by the 12th day), and each day from the second day onwards there are 2 doves (so I will have 22 doves), and from the 3rd there are 3 hens (total of 30 hens), and so on.

So, how many presents are there altogether?

Partridges: 1 × 12 = 12

Doves: 2 × 11 = 22

Hens 3 × 10 = 30

Calling birds: 4 × 9 = 36

Golden rings: 5 × 8 = 40

Geese: 6 × 7 = 42

Swans: 7 × 6 = 42

Maids: 8 × 5 = 40

Ladies: 9 × 4 = 36

Lords: 10 × 3 = 30

Pipers: 11 × 2 = 22

Drummers: 12 × 1 = 12

Total = 364

---------------------------------------

So when you clicked 12 which is incorrect, it will then display a tick against the right answer 364 and at that point you cannot change your answer and you therefore have lost the mark.

The end date is simply an error from copying across last years competition and I believe it should say 20th december 2016.

(:
Edited by: "marba01" 18th Dec 2016

Many thanks marba for the detailed answer

still only getting 19 out of 20 putting in the answers provided

finally got 20 out of 20 thanks marba

Thank you

thanks

Thanks

ty op ty

Thanks

Thanks

telmealing

Ok so everybody thinks t+c are correct and nobody is having problems … Ok so everybody thinks t+c are correct and nobody is having problems entering 12 in question 2 ,only me ?cheers

​yea I can't press the 12

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A quiz question each day in August for £10 cash prize810
    2. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2020
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 33 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2222
    4. Win a 2 bottles of Kyro Gin!77

See more discussions