Expired

Win from £125,000 of jewellery, monthly draw @ TH Baker

Found 19th Jan 2013
125 years of quality, value and choice began in 1888 when young watchmaker and jeweller Thomas Henry Baker formed the business. The first store was established at 95 High Street, Brierley Hill and remains open today. The early years of T. H. Baker set a precedent, prospering during the ‘Golden Age’ of Victorian jewellery; at this time, the wearing of rows of brooches and heavy gold guards and bracelets was at the height of fashion and sales reflected this. At the turn of the century, Thomas Baker’s only son Reginald joined the business, giving it a fresh perspective as it moved into its second decade.... Learn more about T. H. Baker’s history in Part 2, available next month.

What was the name of Thomas Henry Baker’s son?

Answer : B: REGINALD

Completion message :
THANK YOU
Thanks for entering the £125,000 jewellery giveaway. We will notify winners by telephone soon. Remember to check back here next month for another chance to win.

NOTE : I will add the next question at the start of February.

NEW QUESTION MARCH!

What year did Phillis get married?
My answer: B: 1915
- marba01

New question - April

Where were the family & shop assistants taken as a reward for their hard work during the Great Depression?

Answer : B: Aberystwyth

August

In what year was the Shrewsbury shop acquired?

Answer 1961

NEW QUESTION:
What anniversary is T.H. Baker celebrating this year?
Answer: A - 125th
- SunflowerWishes
Community Updates
60 Comments
wkd thnx
blimey has old Tom gone mad,,,,£125,000

many many thanks ,,,
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Another jewellery comp where the 'winners' are friends and fam posing in photos.
THANKS!!!
thanks
Thanks pjj
Thanks
Thanks
x
thanks
Thank you
Thanks
thank you
Cheers
Ta so x
Thanks
Thanks pj
Thanks pj
Thx
Thank you
Thanks!
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af309/trent-bishop/ThankYou-2-1.gif
Thanks
How many of Thomas Henry Baker's daughters began work at the store in 1910?

A: 2 <<<<Following Reginald’s death, Thomas Baker’s daughters Phillis and Cecily began working at the shop)

B: 4
C: 6
You have already entered. ????
A. 1905

B. 1915 >>>>>>> My suggested Answer

c. 1995

I did get after submitting. You have already entered.
You need to be aware that I received the same message in February and March as well. I've contacted them on the website, then on Facebook (via private message and on public). After weeks, they've replied but still not offering a solution. And there's no prize listed for this month yet....a bit odd.
NEW QUESTION!

My answer: B: 1915
In 1915, Phillis married Frank Higgs, the son of James Higgs

02/06 entered June draw though question still the same as may.
Edited by: "marba01" 3rd Jun 2013
Thanks Marba foe the update
Banned
Vanderlust

Another jewellery comp where the 'winners' are friends and fam posing in … Another jewellery comp where the 'winners' are friends and fam posing in photos.

just to let you know, and give you hope - i got a telephone call today from TH Baker to inform me that I had won a pair of diamond earring in this competition and i am definitely NOT family, friends or friends of family!
totally missed this competition so thanks pjj for posting and mikbecfly for highlighting it
Original Poster
Thanks go to June for alerting me to the new question and answer
April entered
Answer for May is 1939
thanks
New question for June:-

How many new T.H. Baker Shops were opened during this decade?
Answer = A:2

Realising that one shop could no longer support the whole family, two more shops were opened in Walsall and Wolverhampton.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions