WIN SOME FOOTGOLF FUN! @ live magazine

Found 28th Jul 2017

Live Magazines’ Rob Walmsley rounds up family and friends to have some great fun with FootGolf

With just three weeks to go until my wedding, the prospect of playing FootGolf was the perfect antidote to the stress of wedding planning. We had a perfect July day and my four-ball was made up of family and friends as fellow ‘footers’.

As we arrived at Mytton Fold Golf Club I was reminded that ‘King Kenny Dalglish’ officially opened the course back in the heyday of Blackburn Rovers in 1994 – fitting and apt for a fan like me.

FootGolf is for everyone and as the website says – if you can count and kick a ball, you meet the criteria. The atmosphere is relaxed, as is the dress code with plenty of football shirts and shorts, which enhanced the atmosphere. The other ‘footers’ were lads and dads combinations alongside mates of all ages but we all had the same common attitude to having fun whilst combining some much-needed exercise in the great outdoors*. With our scorecards in one hand and a quick resume of the rules, we were off, each of us with our footballs taking in turns to tee off and following the rules of golf to take alternate shots to try and par or better the 18 holes ahead. It was far more difficult than you might imagine and we blamed our poor scores on how rusty our footie skills were on the first few holes.

We are, of course, all very competitive and soon the game was on. Applause and laughter could be heard all around the course as good shots and bad were clearly the order of the day. It takes only about an hour to play nine holes and two hours to complete the full 18.

One of my ushers on the big day, and long-time family friend Dan, was the outright winner. The only consolation was that he wasn’t wearing his beloved Burnley shirt as he received his prize!

At just £10 per player we all agreed that this was great value for money and fun alternative way to meet up with your pals. With the match completed we retired to the 19th hole, thirsts were quenched with cold lager shandies and our meat feast of burgers with all the trimmings and homemade fries were soon demolished. This was exactly what was required after our exertions on the course.

It was soon time to leave but as we bid each other farewell on the car park a re-match was already in the planning stages! So, whatever your age let me suggest you give this a go. It was great fun and different from anything I’ve ever played before and right on our doorstep!

* (Available Sunday 2pm – 4pm see website for more details and restrictions).

Mytton Fold Hotel and Golf Club

Whalley Road

Blackburn BB6 8AB

01254 240662

A round of FootGolf followed by burgers, fries and cold lager for four people.

To be in with a chance of winning this great prize simply fill in the online form below by 31st August 2017.
RULES: Terms & Conditions:

1. The promotion is open to GB residents aged 18 years or over, other than employees of Mytton Fold Hotel and Golf Club, Live Magazines Ltd, their immediate families, agencies or any person connected with this competition.

2. Only one entry per person. No bulk, repeat, 3rd party or club entries will be accepted.

3. Entries are only valid if submitted through this website.

4. The winner of the prize will be drawn at random by an independent person from all valid entries received.

5. The closing date for receipt of entries is 31st August 2017. The Draw will take place on Monday 4th September 2017 and the winner notified in writing by Monday 11th September 2017. To obtain details of the winner send a SAE (between 21/09/17 and 31/10/17) to ‘Winners – RV91 Mytton Fold Foot Golf Competition”, The Editor, Live Magazines, Live Magazines Limited, Longridge Business Centre, Kestor Lane, Longridge, PR3 3AD.

6. There is one prize to be won of a round of FootGolf followed by a burger meal with Fries and a cold larger for 4 people. It needs to be prebooked in advance and is subject to availability. You can only play Sundays as per the hotel website details, Bank holiday weekends are excluded. The prize must be taken by 30th November 2017.

7. The prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of an equivalent or greater value. Prizes are non transferable, non refundable and are not for re-sale.

8. Entrants agree to be bound by all entry instructions of which these terms and conditions from a part.

9. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

10. Winners must agree to take part in advertising and any relevant public relations exercise undertaken by the promoter.

Mytton Fold Hotel and Golf Club

Whalley Road

Blackburn BB6 8AB

01254 240662

Community Updates
1 Comment
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants