Expired

WIN the new CANON POWERSHOT G1 Digital Camera @ Vision Wild

Found 29th Feb 2012
To enter this month’s free competition

Simply name the distinctive species of chameleon including its scientific latin and locale name that is specific to a region of Madagascar as depicted in the image presented. If you are drawn out (correct answer only) of the hat, you stand the chance to win the fabulous new Canon PowerShot G1 Digital Camera.

My suggested answer: The Nosy Be Panther Chameleon (Furcifer pardalis)

Please email: hello@geoffsimpsonphotography.com with your answer and contact details on or before Saturday, 31 March 2012.

PLEASE ENTER “Competition March 2012″ in the subject line – otherwise your email will be considered SPAM and you will not be entered into the competition.

Good Luck!

23 Comments

Thanks

thanks.

thxs

(_;) What a little beauty,,, many thanks marba

Thanks!

thanks

Thx

Am I missing something, but isn't the G1 about 12 years old? I know we are stepping back in MPixels but 3.3 is taking it a bit far?

Ahh, perhaps it's the G1x we're talking about?

Original Poster

Bazza71

Ahh, perhaps it's the G1x we're talking about?

Yes, I think so. It is referred to as the new G1, so I thought it must be the G1x, however I did not like to make any changes to what was entered on the website. So I would hope we are talking about a 14.3 MP camera with a rrp of £699

Thanx marba

Thanks for posting this, but how did you decide it is from Nosy Be? You must have done some serious research or is the answer hidden on the site somewhere?

Thanks

Original Poster

weewaff

Thanks for posting this, but how did you decide it is from Nosy Be? You … Thanks for posting this, but how did you decide it is from Nosy Be? You must have done some serious research or is the answer hidden on the site somewhere?

No there was only one clue on the website and that was if you looked at the properties of the picture it had the name panther chameleon blog so that gave me a start. Then the question is so specific about locale I started some google searching and hopefully came up with the right answer.

x

Please note terms "PLEASE ENTER “Competition March 2012″ in the subject line – otherwise your email will be considered SPAM and you will not be entered into the competition."

I missed this and had my answer/email returned as 'Invalid'..

Original Poster

tonysw9

Please note terms "PLEASE ENTER “Competition March 2012″ in the subject li … Please note terms "PLEASE ENTER “Competition March 2012″ in the subject line – otherwise your email will be considered SPAM and you will not be entered into the competition."I missed this and had my answer/email returned as 'Invalid'..

I have added this to the description in case anyone else misses it, thanks

Thank you

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af309/trent-bishop/Gifs/Thank-You-Cute-Bunny-1.gif

Many thanks Marba for all your efforts much appreciated

Original Poster

and the winner is................
Mr. Andrew Monks of Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales who correctly named the chameleon species

Nosy Be Panther Chameleon - Furcifer pardalis

2,847 people entered the competition and all except 4 answered the question correctly

Well done Marba01. You were right.

So an extra 1,800 people entered last month. That may well have been down to you...

Original Poster

weewaff

Well done Marba01. You were right. So an extra 1,800 people entered last … Well done Marba01. You were right. So an extra 1,800 people entered last month. That may well have been down to you...

Drat, I meant to give you the wrong answer so I had more chance of winning
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants