Expired

Win Weston Beach Race tickets(Another Opportunity) @ monsterenergy (GB)

Found 1st Oct 2011
Another Opportunity to WIN for Weston:
We´re so pumped about the up and coming beach race at Weston Super Mare that we´ve got out hands on 2 more weekend tickets for the action and we want you there!

We are giving away a Monster Energy Hoody, tee and a back pack and also 2 x weekend tickets so if you want to catch all the action from the Monster Energy rig answer the question below.

Qestion:
How many kilometres is the Weston Beach Race track for 2011?
1) 4.8KM **Answer** (cheers psyx)
2) 6.8KM
3) 9.8KM

Enter your details on the linked form to enter.

3 Comments

Original Poster

I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer, the only thing I can find about the course is that the super-tough dune course, incorporates a 1.5 mile-long flat out straight.
4.8KM = approx 3 miles
If anyone has any input it would be appreciated.
Edited by: "bikermatt" 1st Oct 2011

media.handlebarfestival.com/lib…pdf

"COURSE
Course is situated at Weston Super Mare. The course will be marked out with crowd control barriers and tape over the sand and will contain
both man made and natural undulations. The circuit is approx 3 miles long."

Original Poster

psyx

http://media.handlebarfestival.com/library/file/WestonEntryApplication%20%20%20Sept%2013th.pdf"COURSECourse is situated at Weston Super Mare. The course will be marked out with crowd control barriers and tape over the sand and will containboth man made and natural undulations. The circuit is approx 3 miles long."

The Times newspaper 2009:

The Weston Beach Race attracted 30,000 spectators to its twisting … The Weston Beach Race attracted 30,000 spectators to its twisting three-mile course carved into the sand.

BBC News 2010:

During the races motorcyclists have to navigate large sand dunes built by … During the races motorcyclists have to navigate large sand dunes built by bulldozers on their machines around a three-and-a-half mile (5.6km) track on the beach.

I went with option A based on the previous, however was unable to find any confirmation for 2011.
Thank you for help & posting source, I will add recommendation to OP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions