Groups

Win7 help please.

My brother has been locked out of his pc as its not recognising his password which i know he is entering correct. win 7 64bit.

Any ideas how to get around this?

8 Comments

If you have any other administrator accounts then you can remove the password. If not and you have not done the password recovery backup option when it was working you are pretty much screwed. I think and will have to reinstall windows.

Babbabooey

Reset … Reset ithttp://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=4&f=00&tt=4&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//pogostick.net/%7Epnh/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Offline NT Password from the above is good so is Ophcrack

Original Poster

Thats what im looking into now jimbo, internet decided to go down so sorry about lack of response. Now the ophcrack is an hour download instead of 20 mins. ARGH.

Anyone got any idea why its happen to my brothers PC?

When I was trying to sort out the same thing I came across something that's told me to take the cr32 battrey out of the motherboard and it will forget password worth a try

That resets the bios password, not the windows one.

Get the one I posted at the top if the thread, been using it for years.

Original Poster

Babbabooey

That resets the bios password, not the windows one.Get the one I posted … That resets the bios password, not the windows one.Get the one I posted at the top if the thread, been using it for years.

I dont know the bios one either so should i run both? Ophcrack is in the pc upstairs as i type.

EDIT

Ophcrack is stating no tables found (step 8 of 10)

Will try your link Babbabooey
    Edited by: "Starr" 24th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Job done, thanks for help guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944532
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions