Window 7 Laptop formatting

Found 13th Oct 2017
Hi All

I have just tried selling my old laptop to CEX however the cannot accept it as they said they cannot format it, they said they need a disc which I haven't got.

Is there a way I can format it without a disc - a way that after I have done it I can take it back into CEX without them then needing a disc to format i when they test it

Many thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Do you mean wipe the hard drive and install Windows. Or just wipe

Original Poster

rev621 m ago

Do you mean wipe the hard drive and install Windows. Or just wipe

I already wiped it, they said now they need to format it which reqires a disc?

Make/model please?

Also have a look on the underside/battery compartment for which Windows (7, 8, 10, Home, Business etc) license sticker does it have please?
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 13th Oct 2017

limeboyjoe1 m ago

I already wiped it, they said now they need to format it which reqires a …I already wiped it, they said now they need to format it which reqires a disc?

What disc? Windows? Does it have a recovery partition?

There are plenty of tools available to format a drive, pretty much any bootable disc will do it. I'd probably reach for GParted.

I suspect it's already formatted and they want Windows reinstalling though:
microsoft.com/en-…ws7

Original Poster

They have confirmed they want windows 7 reinstalled, I have used magic jelly bean to obtain the key and I have no recovery discs. I have tired to use
microsoft.com/en-…ws7

However i get this error -
ErrorWe encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID5a495610-10f7-4c02-817c-5f95c0c36f94

Any ideas?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants