Groups
    EXPIRED

Window Blinds

Hi I've just moved into my new property and am looking to get some made to measure blinds fitted in the living room and kitchen. I am located in glasgow, and the window dimensions are as follows...

Kitchen: 1 Window 130cmx130cm
    Living Room: 4 Windows 90cmx130cm

Looking for metal venecian in kitchen and wooden venecian in living room.

Shades Blinds came out and gave a huge quote of £570, which they then knocked down to £520, which I still think is very pricey.

Does anyone know of any other companies in the Glasgow area who offer a similiar service to Shades who you would recommend to come out and give a quote, or do you think that quote is actually competitive???

Any advice much appreciated, thanks

6 Comments

Used a company called Top Cat blinds based in Cumbernauld Town Centre got 7 rollers for £220, including chrome chains mine's is a new house so windows not overally big

try this site they sorted me out a couple of years ago and they are easy to fit

Original Poster

thanks for the feedback so far. I've got someone from Hillary blinds coming out tomorrow to give a quote. Failing that I may try topcat.

does anyone else have nay more input?

I've used Shades several times,most recently a few months ago.I bought 6 vertical black out blinds for £300.Never tried Hilary blinds but have heard they can be expensive,be interesting to see difference in quotes between shades and hilary's.I know with shades if you buy in 3's the usually have good deals.good luck

carmichaelj

thanks for the feedback so far. I've got someone from Hillary blinds … thanks for the feedback so far. I've got someone from Hillary blinds coming out tomorrow to give a quote. Failing that I may try topcat.does anyone else have nay more input?

had a quote from hilarys last year for mine. he said it'd be £580 then when i told him that another local company had quoted me only £120 he suddenly said he could do it for £180, just like that!! i told him:
    a) you lie
    and b) why would i pay £60 more than the other quote??!!
    i felt like matt allwright from rogue traders lol! he soon made a sharp exit!
    dont expect hilarys to be cheap mate they are well extortionate

sunny daze in bellshill lanarkshire great quality and prices
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Recommend a free reminder app43
      2. which site is best to buy Xiaomi?67
      3. BT Sport Vs SkySports11
      4. Anyone use a FitBit Surge?23

See more discussions