Window handles

Posted 2nd Feb
Hello. I have a super random question, if someone can help me out.

What is the difference between 'chrome's electroplated zinc die cast and powder coat finish on aluminium substrate?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Powder coat would be plastic
The chrome ones are just as they said chromed, they use electroplating to add the chrome onto the metal handle. The powder coating has a metal handle which has powder coated onto it, you can powder coat in many different colours. Which you prefer will be up to you.
eslick02/02/2020 20:15

The chrome ones are just as they said chromed, they use electroplating to …The chrome ones are just as they said chromed, they use electroplating to add the chrome onto the metal handle. The powder coating has a metal handle which has powder coated onto it, you can powder coat in many different colours. Which you prefer will be up to you.

Thanks both. Well I want something that will be durable and last long. Colour doesn't bother me.
There's not much similarity. They're made of different metals and coated in different things in different ways.

Neither chrome plating nor power coat will last that long outdoors. It's highly variable depending on the exact details of the process (materials used/coating thickness) but they're likely to look the worse for wear after just a couple of decades.

Or are these purely indoor elements?
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 3rd Feb
Over time the chrome one's may suffer from pitting if there's any moisture in the room.
EndlessWaves03/02/2020 16:24

There's not much similarity. They're made of different metals and coated …There's not much similarity. They're made of different metals and coated in different things in different ways.Neither chrome plating nor power coat will last that long outdoors. It's highly variable depending on the exact details of the process (materials used/coating thickness) but they're likely to look the worse for wear after just a couple of decades. Or are these purely indoor elements?

Thanks!

These are for window handles so internal. We're getting new windows fitted but cant seem to decide between these. Colour really doesn't matter...how long these last and how strong they are is most important.
Flynn.Jack03/02/2020 16:26

Over time the chrome one's may suffer from pitting if there's any moisture …Over time the chrome one's may suffer from pitting if there's any moisture in the room.

Ahh never knew this....thank you!
Flynn.Jack03/02/2020 16:26

Over time the chrome one's may suffer from pitting if there's any moisture …Over time the chrome one's may suffer from pitting if there's any moisture in the room.

yet the chrome door handle on a front door doesn't deteriorate like that and it is exposed to the moisture you quoted
missy250703/02/2020 18:56

Ahh never knew this....thank you!

It's not correct what he stated that's why
cliosport6504/02/2020 10:27

yet the chrome door handle on … yet the chrome door handle on a front door doesn't deteriorate like that and it is exposed to the moisture you quoted

Quality may have improved but some do and I did say "May"
Edited by: "Flynn.Jack" 4th Feb
Flynn.Jack04/02/2020 11:17

Quality may have improved but some do and I did say "May"

I suppose newer chrome won't but older may I have yet to see
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants