Groups

window tinting car

Hi just wondered if anyone knows of any decent window tinting places in Northampton?

wouldn't dream of doing myself as seen friends do it and mess it up.

how long does it last ?
    your still allowed sun strip on windscreen?

10 Comments

Just make sure the tint is definitely legal. Met a woman who had to pay £100 to do a "What's driving us" awareness course because the tint was 1% too much. She'd bought the car from a garage the week before getting stopped. Was also forced to remove tint at side of road before proceeding.

Had my car done, back windows only (you can tint these as much as you like) and it cost £150. Been on 2 years now and they're still as good as when they were put on.

Dont get any of the front windows tinted as it will make it illegal.

I had my back screen and rear windows blacked out.

Left the front ones alone.

The front windows must allow atleast 70% light to pass through. See below...

The Regulation states 70% of visible light must pass through the driver's side windows (75% through the windscreen) including any other substrate fitted to the glass. Many people misunderstand the regulation and presume that 70% allows a 30% tint - It doesn't! Glass does not let in 100% of light. Clear glass only allows approximately 86% of light to pass & the slight tint of standard manufactured glass varies from the 70% maximum limit up to approx 80% of light passing through, thus any film being applied to these windows will drop the light transmissions to below the regulation limit.

I had the lumina brand of film applied. Paid about £120 on my civic. But this was in London.

Click here for window tinting law.
    Also search Google for Window tinting places in your area I'm sure you should have some with online reviews.

Have not used them myself, but >> these guys << have made it one of their main services, so surely can't be bad? Including 10 year guarantee.
    Edited by: "Resali" 12th Mar

Resali

Have not used them myself, but >> these guys

These guys did my car 3 years ago. Still looks as good as when they first did it. Defo worth contacting them. Had my two rear side windows and boot done.

liamf12

Just make sure the tint is definitely legal. Met a woman who had to pay … Just make sure the tint is definitely legal. Met a woman who had to pay £100 to do a "What's driving us" awareness course because the tint was 1% too much. She'd bought the car from a garage the week before getting stopped. Was also forced to remove tint at side of road before proceeding.

​1% are you sure? remove at the side of the road are you sure? sounds like BS to me

Why would you want your windows tinted? It's only clowns that get it done around here.
    Edited by: "chimp14uk" 13th Mar

Original Poster

keeps it cool especially with kids in the car, I've seen the difference with mates cars and it's so much cooler inside. i know you can't touch front windows, so would just be looking for limo black for all rear ones. anyone know how much to do a zafira tourer ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111316
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming511
      4. Any have any gearbest codes ASAP/advice on where to buy Xiaomi phone?67

See more discussions