Window vac

Posted 21st Jan
Hi. we have a lot of condensation on our windows and 3 years ago we bought a karcher window vac. unfortunately it has now died and guarantee was only for 2 years. so now we are looking to buy a new window vac and I was wondering if anyone could advise which is the best to get and which one to avoid like a plague. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I've ordered a cheap Beldray Window Vacuum today will let you know how it is when it comes
"...I was wondering if anyone could advise which is the best to get and which one to avoid like a plague..."

Karcher Window Vacs were popular about three years ago, but they only have a two-year guarantee & are prone to failure after three years.

If you intend to use one after three years you may have to ask again.

Happy to help.
We've had our Karcher vac 7 years and it's still going strong. Used daily through the winter too as windows are streaming.
I've had the same one for almost 8 years, I managed to drop it out of the bedroom window landing on the hard floor below whilst trying to clean the outside of the windows, it still works to this day.
I believe Karcher came out very well in Which? tests.
i just use an old past it T shirt
Wongy11021/01/2020 19:14

i just use an old past it T shirt

You entering a Wet T shirt Competition?
JimboParrot21/01/2020 19:53

You entering a Wet T shirt Competition?

No mate just been wondering for years why people are 'vacuuming' their windows.
These karchers can be fixed. Just open it up and see what's the fault is. It might just be that the plastic fan has slipped forward and is jammed against the cowling. In which case just glue it onto the motor spindle. I've repaired my loads of times.
I had a vax years ago and when cleaning the bottom of the window it needed to be used on its side, it leaked into the battery and failed in under 12 months, replaced it with a karcher and touch wood its been great for a couple of years maybe more
Forget these and get a decent dehumidifier.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants