Windows 10 Anniversary and 100% disk activity on SSD

8 replies
Found 11th Aug 2016
Just installed windows 10 Anniversary update and it's re-enabled CompatTelRunner.exe / Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser which has maxed out my SSD to a stand still. Even though I've opted out of Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program or to the lowest level it's running. Had to manually disable it in task sheduler, any other weird tasks I need to disable ?

8 Comments

Have you turned off all the cheeky spying app settings?

Hi,
One of our computers at work is having a similar issue in that the pc grinds to a complete halt!
Checking the task manager brings up a memory process that is using up all the ram. Might be worth checking that aswell?
Can't remember what the process is called sorry!

Original Poster

westy125

Have you turned off all the cheeky spying app settings?

​Disabled it in privacy settings as much I could but had to suspend the app and stop it in task sheduler. Still can't understand why windows allows it to 100% the drive without throttling it.

Original Poster

sjhirst

Hi,One of our computers at work is having a similar issue in that the pc … Hi,One of our computers at work is having a similar issue in that the pc grinds to a complete halt!Checking the task manager brings up a memory process that is using up all the ram. Might be worth checking that aswell?Can't remember what the process is called sorry!

​Hi thanks for the comment. Memory is fine it's just certain windows apps hogging the SSD.

kester76

​Disabled it in privacy settings as much I could but had to suspend the a … ​Disabled it in privacy settings as much I could but had to suspend the app and stop it in task sheduler. Still can't understand why windows allows it to 100% the drive without throttling it.

​Probably because it's not a finished OS. Hence the customer experience improvement program. It's yet another outrageous intrusion if Microsoft are turning all your privacy settings back after upgrading. I don't think I'm ever moving to Windows 10

Original Poster

nipstyler

​Probably because it's not a finished OS. Hence the customer experience i … ​Probably because it's not a finished OS. Hence the customer experience improvement program. It's yet another outrageous intrusion if Microsoft are turning all your privacy settings back after upgrading. I don't think I'm ever moving to Windows 10

​I don't think it's uploading data but just a one off scheduled check. Just really annoys me that microsoft haven't throttled these apps to prevent 100% disk activity.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions