Windows 10 Cumulative Update Constantly Failing

Found 1st May
Anyone finding this constantly fails as part of Windows 10 updates?

It's been happening for over a week now with this -

2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112)

our device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to start:

I restart and it has still failed!
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
April 10, 2018—KB4093112 (OS Build 16299.371)

Even though the update was successfully installed, Windows Update incorrectly reports that the update failed to install. To verify the installation, select Check for Updates to confirm that there are no additional updates available.

You can also type About your PCin the search box on your taskbar to confirm that your device is using the expected OS build.

Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
steve.t2 m ago

April 10, 2018—KB4093112 (OS Build 16299.371)Even though the update was s …April 10, 2018—KB4093112 (OS Build 16299.371)Even though the update was successfully installed, Windows Update incorrectly reports that the update failed to install. To verify the installation, select Check for Updates to confirm that there are no additional updates available.You can also type About your PCin the search box on your taskbar to confirm that your device is using the expected OS build.Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Thanks. So everyone on W10 is getting this?!

21 days later and still no fix. That's shocking MS!
It sounds like your download database is corrupted. As Steve has suggested check the Build No of your Windows.

Then I would suggest you should try by fixing the update issue by following these steps.

Make sure you run the troubleshooter as an Administrator. In 9/10 cases this issue is usually fixed.

The latest build is 1803.
Edited by: "pricesavvy" 2nd May
I was getting trouble with failed updates and in sure there's a support page about finding which part failed so u install all but that one causing issue then install it alone and worked. It was a while ago mind so could have changed.
Mines into its 2nd week of constantly telling me I need to download updates & then turn off or restart.

Really ******* me off now
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 2nd May
Try downloading the Updater from Microsoft -

microsoft.com/en-…s10
Edited by: "zirk" 2nd May
yep, i have had this for weeks now. Done everything as most have suggested up above included a total wipe and fresh install..It comes back! Honestly, just left it
Yeah, you should have done feature update to windows 10 version 1803 and have KB2267602 installed by now. Are you all sure you have enough room on your system drives ?
superfreddy11 h, 7 m ago

Thanks. So everyone on W10 is getting this?!21 days later and still no …Thanks. So everyone on W10 is getting this?!21 days later and still no fix. That's shocking MS!

No, it seems. Mine installed fine.
Had this problem myself. Tried always with trouble shooter etc. No luck. Sick of windows giving us updates what won’t install. Took me all weekend last time
dorey695 h, 50 m ago

Had this problem myself. Tried always with trouble shooter etc. No luck. …Had this problem myself. Tried always with trouble shooter etc. No luck. Sick of windows giving us updates what won’t install. Took me all weekend last time

Having the same problem, Im reluctantantly going to format and start again
33734954-3gqe2.jpg
The solution
daletharper23 h, 18 m ago

Having the same problem, Im reluctantantly going to format and start again …Having the same problem, Im reluctantantly going to format and start again

If u go onto the Microsoft site and find windows 10 download. It’s giving a option to download windows 10. The the new assistant helps. Mine finally installed today. If u want link message me and I’ll forward it to you
dorey693rd May

If u go onto the Microsoft site and find windows 10 download. It’s giving a …If u go onto the Microsoft site and find windows 10 download. It’s giving a option to download windows 10. The the new assistant helps. Mine finally installed today. If u want link message me and I’ll forward it to you

I reckon they must have fixed the problem, I have been trying all week and today the updates finally installed, Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants