Windows 10 License Key

Posted 9th Jun
Can anyone recommend a website so that I can purchase a legitimate Windows License Key for my PC build. Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Plenty on eBay

Largely from educational platforms where strictly speaking not supposed to sell, however won't be of issue for an end user using it.

Worst case if it's not validated, you can get your money back through Paypal.
DarrylJohn09/06/2020 18:35

Plenty on eBay Largely from educational platforms where strictly …Plenty on eBay Largely from educational platforms where strictly speaking not supposed to sell, however won't be of issue for an end user using it.Worst case if it's not validated, you can get your money back through Paypal.

Agreed!

I am still using my ebay 2 pound licence. I madr a youtube video on it if you are interested.
legitimate?

Have you tried Microsoft?
Using a windows 10 pro key from eBay at £0.99.
£1.89 as of now
Edited by: "bigwheels" 9th Jun
Isn't Windows 10 free?
PennyTrader09/06/2020 20:17

Isn't Windows 10 free?

If you’re upgrading from any other windows, then yes. If fresh install of windows, then no.
Honestly... If you are going to buy a key from eBay you might as well download it for free.
You actually don't need a license key for Windows 10 home or pro in most instances as Windows automatically inserts a digital license, I have NEVER known Windows 10 to actually request a license key at all, as soon as you go online it inserts a digital license... so at installation stage choose the option that says DO NOT have a installation key.. infact a few times I decided to re-format my entire PC with a new ISO of Windows 10 pro, but it wont let NOT even let me use the original genuine license key that I got from retail version, I have tried formatting 5 times now and still it will not let me use the genuine Windows 10 pro license key... so try that.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 9th Jun
What abt Ms office 2019 key?
lettherebedeals09/06/2020 20:58

You actually don't need a license key for Windows 10 home or pro in most …You actually don't need a license key for Windows 10 home or pro in most instances as Windows automatically inserts a digital license, I have NEVER known Windows 10 to actually request a license key at all, as soon as you go online it inserts a digital license... so at installation stage choose the option that says DO NOT have a installation key.. infact a few times I decided to re-format my entire PC with a new ISO of Windows 10 pro, but it wont let NOT even let me use the original genuine license key that I got from retail version, I have tried formatting 5 times now and still it will not let me use the genuine Windows 10 pro license key... so try that.

I upgraded a Win 7 Ultimate PC on Sunday and couldn't get it activated. Tried everything and no luck. Any ideas? Win 7 was activated but Win 10 Pro isn't.
Darkwaxer17/06/2020 17:56

I upgraded a Win 7 Ultimate PC on Sunday and couldn't get it activated. …I upgraded a Win 7 Ultimate PC on Sunday and couldn't get it activated. Tried everything and no luck. Any ideas? Win 7 was activated but Win 10 Pro isn't.

I think it may be in your best interest to start a fresh, especially if the upgrade as not worked, download the latest ISO, zero out the hard drive if you know how, and install a FRESH ISO from the BIOS stage.

microsoft.com/en-…s10
lettherebedeals18/06/2020 06:50

I think it may be in your best interest to start a fresh, especially if …I think it may be in your best interest to start a fresh, especially if the upgrade as not worked, download the latest ISO, zero out the hard drive if you know how, and install a FRESH ISO from the BIOS stage. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

I didn't zero out the HDD.. it still has the 'OLD Windows' folder it creates when upgrading but I did use the fresh ISO and installed from a USB drive.

I'll look up zero out'ting the HDD. Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants