windows 10 registry

Posted 14th May
hello so I haven't used windows for a few years, mainly due to using my phone.

but I got my old laptop up and after forgetting password to a local account, I logged into my admin account, and copy files into few back ups

made new local account and put them files in and then updated the laptop from last year , It has always been windows ten as laptop is only about year old.

but in my admin account I check all files all fine.

I log into local account I check files jpeg file say invalid registry's value.

I check the partition of hard drive for files , same message, so I go back into my admin files fine.

onto local account it is just invalid registry value.

does anyone no what causing it, as it seem strange fine with me and not local account.

I checked restrictions, admin as read and write and for permission under local account says owner
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
You could just change the password for the local account via your admin account

Open control panel>user accounts>manage another account>change the password

Saves messing around copying files across accounts.

With the files, if I had to I would have just moved them to the public desktop so all users could access them.
tardytortoise14/05/2020 11:37

I guess the photos originated from your phone.does this …I guess the photos originated from your phone.does this helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-10-invalid-value-for-registry-jpeg/24d4ffe9-2a16-47e2-8da2-ea5d9f4593c4if not try this google searchhttps://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&hl=en&sxsrf=ALeKk02TOwyX3A_P5fDLMIOEb09wNw4Hww:1589449646172&source=hp&ei=rhO9XrLfB4SIlwSmzof4Dg&q=windows+10+jpeg+invalid+value+for+registry&oq=windows+jpeg+invalid&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgYIABAWEB4yCAgAEAgQDRAeOgUIABCDAToCCAA6BAgjECc6CAgAEIMBEJECOgUIABCRAjoECAAQCjoICAAQFhAKEB5QtqOsAViy860BYOm7rgFoAHAAeACAAZABiAGPDpIBBDE1LjWYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab

yes I just don't understand why I can see them as a admin no problem and local account can't
MichyM14/05/2020 11:41

You could just change the password for the local account via your admin …You could just change the password for the local account via your admin accountOpen control panel>user accounts>manage another account>change the passwordSaves messing around copying files across accounts. With the files, if I had to I would have just moved them to the public desktop so all users could access them.

that what I was trying to do, I am used to the old control panel style and never sure where I am looking , do you have to no password to current account to change it
I shall look at this tonight
Does it work to set a new app ? Right click - Open with (an app of your choice) ?
For example, clean free, fast, image viewers:
faststone.org/FSI…htm
sourceforge.net/pro…ew/
or maybe your limited account doesn't have rights to open those files, or open that type of file in general.
Test by setting your account as admin.

PS: a lot of BS as "solutions" on internet: "Update the latest drivers"
Edited by: "TobyZ" 14th May
Pricklerickle14/05/2020 11:46

that what I was trying to do, I am used to the old control panel style and …that what I was trying to do, I am used to the old control panel style and never sure where I am looking , do you have to no password to current account to change it

No, as admin you can just change it. This is through the old control panel, it's not available through the account settings from teh start menu.
Edited by: "MichyM" 14th May
Pricklerickle14/05/2020 11:42

yes I just don't understand why I can see them as a admin no problem and …yes I just don't understand why I can see them as a admin no problem and local account can't

Read the links I posted; dear old MS made an update that caused this. You now need to adjust your registry so the local account can read them. Remember some people share their laptops, less often their phones, but if every user of the laptop uploaded photos from their phones it might not be good idea if all laptop users could see everybody elses photos.
TobyZ14/05/2020 11:48

Does it work to set a new app ? Right click - Open with (an app of your …Does it work to set a new app ? Right click - Open with (an app of your choice) ?For example, clean free, fast, image viewers:https://www.faststone.org/FSIVDownload.htmhttps://sourceforge.net/projects/jpegview/

I shall try tonight, I just find it weried admin can see it but local account has registry error.

I need to get a password book too many things want password
tardytortoise14/05/2020 11:48

Read the links I posted; dear old MS made an update that caused this. You …Read the links I posted; dear old MS made an update that caused this. You now need to adjust your registry so the local account can read them. Remember some people share their laptops, less often their phones, but if every user of the laptop uploaded photos from their phones it might not be good idea if all laptop users could see everybody elses photos.

it's fine ,it's just another person who I trust and only pics of me and food, Oka I shall try the app fix first and clean the registry one, I used to use cleaner for clean up registry errors.
the problem looks years old I don't no why Microsoft haven't fixes it will there thousand of updates
right I shall try late by tonight so I shall give you updates of if it worked or not
Pricklerickle14/05/2020 11:54

it's fine ,it's just another person who I trust and only pics of me and …it's fine ,it's just another person who I trust and only pics of me and food, Oka I shall try the app fix first and clean the registry one, I used to use cleaner for clean up registry errors.the problem looks years old I don't no why Microsoft haven't fixes it will there thousand of updates

Its not a bug - its a deliberate feature. Remember the OS is not your personal OS - it is for everyone and your circumstances will be very different to everyone elses. If you don't like the feature you have the work arounds.
There is also the strong possibility that given your machine has not been updated for over a year the updates you have installed have not quite worked fully.
In the search bar type the word control and it will give you an option that say control panel desktop app, click this and it's the old style control panel
Edited by: "regretful1" 14th May
regretful114/05/2020 12:42

In the search bar type the word control and it will give you an option …In the search bar type the word control and it will give you an option that say control panel desktop app, click this and it's the old style control panel

thanks I can see more settings better and how to change password,I ask Microsoft and there was on about installing new window ten
I made new user account,seemed easier for them, can access it, now what a good program to get rid of extra junk and such from all these changes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions