Groups

Windows 10 revert back to windows 7

Okay I have the new Windows 10.
    Its pretty awful and not good to use for my games etc being rather limiting

I had 8.1 before and want to go back

It has been over a month since I had the free upgrade and I do not know how I can revert back please can someone help me?

11 Comments

Reinstall windows with the disk may work, or possibly recover at a earlier date before you installed windows10

No access to my computer right now but I think it's in Settings > Backup & Recovery.
    You may need to go through the recovery option a fair bit before it asks if you want to go back to a previous version of Windows. That's on the assumption that you did an upgrade from Windows 8.1 rather than a clean install.
    Edited by: "pothole" 23rd Aug 2016

Original Poster

pothole

No access to my computer right now but I think it's in Settings Backup & … No access to my computer right now but I think it's in Settings > Backup & Recovery.You may need to go through the recovery option a fair bit before it asks if you want to go back to a previous version of Windows. That's on the assumption that you did an upgrade from Windows 8.1 rather than a clean install.

Yeah but you only have a month to do it so I guess I cant do that

Odd, I find 10 very snappy!

You can't go back after 30 days. In fact I'm sure I read they reduced that recently. Either way, if you did an upgrade, I'd recommend backing up everything and doing a fresh install from scratch. I have no problem gaming on Windows 10. What are you playing?

to go back to 7 you'll need a license key and your installation media....to do it the legal way, anyways.

Get used to windows 10. it does everything 7 does. And more.

Install classic shell classicshell.net/ to make win10 look and feel like win7. I was a die hard win7 fan but if I'm honest win10 is a lot better with classic shell installed. Takes less than 30 sec's to install, if you don't like you can simply uninstall it. I've been using classic shell since win8.
    Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 24th Aug 2016

I somehow got upgraded from 8.1 to 10 but haven't really noticed any difference.

Are you going back to Windows 7 or 8.1?

I love these silent ones. They ask a question and never respond
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions