Windows 10 Sleep, shuts down?

Found 28th May
If I put my PC into sleep at night, in the morning it's shut down and I have to start it up again?
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
It’s probably your settings.
cmdr_elito17 m ago

It’s probably your settings.

Which settings?
superfreddy53 m ago

Which settings?

Control panel -> power options -> 'choose what the power buttons do' -> check 'sleep' under 'shut-down settings'
Then choose sleep when you power off.
Edited by: "justpassingthru" 28th May
Check the logs
justpassingthru1 h, 27 m ago

Control panel -> power options -> 'choose what the power buttons do' -> …Control panel -> power options -> 'choose what the power buttons do' -> check 'sleep' under 'shut-down settings'Then choose sleep when you power off.

I put the pc to sleep via the start menu though.
Hibernate after... was set to 180 mins. I'm guessing it was doing this after 3 hours of sleep.

I've disabled that - shouldn't cause issues right?
superfreddy9 m ago

I put the pc to sleep via the start menu though.

Try checking those settings all the same.

Does the laptop immediately shut down when you try to put it into sleep mode, or is it only after a given period of time? Also make sure that you're not trying to use "hibernate" instead of sleep.

FWIW, I'd suggest full shutdown as preferable to sleep mode anyway, if you're not going to be using the laptop for several hours - modern computers typically have very fast boot times now.
superfreddy2 m ago

Hibernate after... was set to 180 mins. I'm guessing it was doing this …Hibernate after... was set to 180 mins. I'm guessing it was doing this after 3 hours of sleep.I've disabled that - shouldn't cause issues right?

That's almost certainly the reason for the behaviour that you're seeing.
Illusionary12 m ago

Try checking those settings all the same.Does the laptop immediately shut …Try checking those settings all the same.Does the laptop immediately shut down when you try to put it into sleep mode, or is it only after a given period of time? Also make sure that you're not trying to use "hibernate" instead of sleep.FWIW, I'd suggest full shutdown as preferable to sleep mode anyway, if you're not going to be using the laptop for several hours - modern computers typically have very fast boot times now.

I would do, but then every day I'll have to move my laptop from it's dock, open the lid, turn it on, put it back, move the cables.

That's why I sleep!
superfreddy5 m ago

I would do, but then every day I'll have to move my laptop from it's dock, …I would do, but then every day I'll have to move my laptop from it's dock, open the lid, turn it on, put it back, move the cables.That's why I sleep!

It sounds like you need a more appropriate dock.
Why don't you just shut down your laptop for the night? Why do you need to put it in sleep mode?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants