Windows 10 usb install

Posted 26th Nov
does anyone know what I'm doing wrong I've installed it to my drive but it keeps rebooting over and over after installation finished
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
make sure you have your bios set to boot from the drive you've installed windows to.
30 Comments
make sure you have your bios set to boot from the drive you've installed windows to.
You did a clean install wiped the drive clean? Try it again if the same could be hardware problem with drivers. Try windows 8 see if that works
When the installation files have copied to the drive remove the USB drive before the next boot.
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 14:27

When the installation files have copied to the drive remove the USB drive …When the installation files have copied to the drive remove the USB drive before the next boot.

I've done that but this is the screen I get
39125691-Z6Yur.jpg
Justsuperman26/11/2019 14:37

I've done that but this is the screen I get[Image]

Assuming the installation files have definitely copied to the internal drive, after you've removed the USB set the boot drive to be the internal drive that has the installation files on.
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 14:41

Assuming the installation files have definitely copied to the internal …Assuming the installation files have definitely copied to the internal drive, after you've removed the USB set the boot drive to be the internal drive that has the installation files on.

I did still no go... Reboot loop
Can you see the internal drive from the bios?

Has the drive failed and bios is defaulting to a different drive.
boot back to the usb and try a startup repair if that fails try installing again.
generationz26/11/2019 15:02

Can you see the internal drive from the bios?Has the drive failed and bios …Can you see the internal drive from the bios?Has the drive failed and bios is defaulting to a different drive.

I can but the boot option 1 and 2 never save after saving and exiting
39126071-QRBNf.jpg
Justsuperman26/11/2019 14:52

I did still no go... Reboot loop

Kinda smax of corrupted installation files, dunit?
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 15:05

Kinda smax of corrupted installation files, dunit?

So you think it's corrupted
Justsuperman26/11/2019 15:16

So you think it's corrupted

Assuming the machine had no functional issues prior to attempted installation and the machine is definitely attempting to boot from the drive that contains the installation files, it does kinda point to corrupted installation format / files.
Does that BIOS image imply the machine contains two identical drives?
Justsuperman26/11/2019 15:04

I can but the boot option 1 and 2 never save after saving and exiting …I can but the boot option 1 and 2 never save after saving and exiting [Image]

What's with option 3 and 4, are they the same drive or do you have 2 drives the same in your pc?

Have you tried tidying up that bios? Disable options 3 and 4, and then try to enable option1 to select the drive and save.
looks like he has put the system files on the usb at the very least - hence it wont boot without USB
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 15:25

Assuming the machine had no functional issues prior to attempted …Assuming the machine had no functional issues prior to attempted installation and the machine is definitely attempting to boot from the drive that contains the installation files, it does kinda point to corrupted installation format / files.Does that BIOS image imply the machine contains two identical drives?

Yes the Bios comes with up both drives twice? which I find strange
What do you mean by 'USB install'? Are you talking about installing from a USB stick, or installing to a USB drive?

At what point is it rebooting? UEFI failing to launch windows is a completely different issue than windows making it all the way to the login screen and then rebooting.
EndlessWaves26/11/2019 18:00

What do you mean by 'USB install'? Are you talking about installing from a …What do you mean by 'USB install'? Are you talking about installing from a USB stick, or installing to a USB drive?At what point is it rebooting? UEFI failing to launch windows is a completely different issue than windows making it all the way to the login screen and then rebooting.

Installing from USB drive and it gets to end and reboots back to motherboard hub strange
m1keyp1key26/11/2019 14:11

make sure you have your bios set to boot from the drive you've installed …make sure you have your bios set to boot from the drive you've installed windows to.

Done that but nada
I wonder if it's worth resetting the bios?

Shut down the computer, pull the power cord out. Open up the case and take the battery out for a few mins.
m1keyp1key26/11/2019 19:26

I wonder if it's worth resetting the bios? Shut down the computer, pull …I wonder if it's worth resetting the bios? Shut down the computer, pull the power cord out. Open up the case and take the battery out for a few mins.

I'm gonna attempt to do a new download of windows maybe corrupted files. company said if that doesn't work will have to send back for testing
It does that on a USB install, let it do the install and setup the HDD partitions, then it will do the first restart, at that moment unplug the USB and windows will continue the installation.
_-Richie-_26/11/2019 19:50

It does that on a USB install, let it do the install and setup the HDD …It does that on a USB install, let it do the install and setup the HDD partitions, then it will do the first restart, at that moment unplug the USB and windows will continue the installation.

I did all that but the 1st attempt it I forgot to pull out usb
Justsuperman26/11/2019 19:55

I did all that but the 1st attempt it I forgot to pull out usb

That's ok, repeat the steps again, just remove the USB on the first restart, you'll normally hear a beep on the restart depending on the MOBO, remove it after the beep or when you hear the fans start spinning when it powers up.
_-Richie-_26/11/2019 20:01

That's ok, repeat the steps again, just remove the USB on the first …That's ok, repeat the steps again, just remove the USB on the first restart, you'll normally hear a beep on the restart depending on the MOBO, remove it after the beep or when you hear the fans start spinning when it powers up.

Is there anyway to contact you? I’ve tried many times now but even after I’ve removed usb it reboots and goes straight to motherboard. the bios isn’t saving any changes for reboot see past photos
Justsuperman26/11/2019 20:03

Is there anyway to contact you? I’ve tried many times now but even after I …Is there anyway to contact you? I’ve tried many times now but even after I’ve removed usb it reboots and goes straight to motherboard. the bios isn’t saving any changes for reboot see past photos

The comments are fine and can also help anyone in the future.
Windows installs are practically the same, start the pre-install, then setup the HDD partition, after that you'll be prompted that a restart is required to continue, on the restart remove the USB, then leave it to boot and complete the install.
Even if the boot priority is wrong, it will cycle through the list until it comes to the HDD, after that it should install the rest of Windows.
If that doesn't work you can try a local PC shop, it shouldn't cost more than £30
_-Richie-_26/11/2019 20:07

The comments are fine and can also help anyone in the future.Windows …The comments are fine and can also help anyone in the future.Windows installs are practically the same, start the pre-install, then setup the HDD partition, after that you'll be prompted that a restart is required to continue, on the restart remove the USB, then leave it to boot and complete the install.Even if the boot priority is wrong, it will cycle through the list until it comes to the HDD, after that it should install the rest of Windows.If that doesn't work you can try a local PC shop, it shouldn't cost more than £30

It hasn't unfortunately I remove the usb and it reboots and when it reboots it comes back to motherboard bios
_-Richie-_26/11/2019 20:07

The comments are fine and can also help anyone in the future.Windows …The comments are fine and can also help anyone in the future.Windows installs are practically the same, start the pre-install, then setup the HDD partition, after that you'll be prompted that a restart is required to continue, on the restart remove the USB, then leave it to boot and complete the install.Even if the boot priority is wrong, it will cycle through the list until it comes to the HDD, after that it should install the rest of Windows.If that doesn't work you can try a local PC shop, it shouldn't cost more than £30

It does not boot and complete install
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 15:25

Assuming the machine had no functional issues prior to attempted …Assuming the machine had no functional issues prior to attempted installation and the machine is definitely attempting to boot from the drive that contains the installation files, it does kinda point to corrupted installation format / files.Does that BIOS image imply the machine contains two identical drives?

Just tried fresh download of windows on my friends laptop and still same issue so isn't corrpurt files
Justsuperman27/11/2019 14:26

Just tried fresh download of windows on my friends laptop and still same …Just tried fresh download of windows on my friends laptop and still same issue so isn't corrpurt files

Have you managed to resolve?
AndyRoyd02/12/2019 16:06

Have you managed to resolve?

No nothing worked at all. sent pc back we did everything on phone and nothing worked. they will resolve it and send it me back once sorted
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants