Looking for a genuine version of windows 10 home
Prices vary wildly in Amazon from £70-133
Can anyone recommend where to buy it from thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
VicVinegar11/10/2019 11:51

I can't be 100% on why they're so cheap, but I've used them on many …I can't be 100% on why they're so cheap, but I've used them on many computers without issues

They’re cheap because they are reusable serial keys stripped from dead motherboards.
Perfectly legal, cheap and fully featured.
Requires a fresh install from boot to be used though 🏽
34 Comments
Cheapest option is not to bother buy it. The installation will still fully function just as any other legit installation would, including forced updates & patches etc, you just can't set your desktop to your fave cute cat pic. Download at zero cost direct from MS.
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 11:14

Cheapest option is not to bother buy it. The installation will still fully …Cheapest option is not to bother buy it. The installation will still fully function just as any other legit installation would, including forced updates & patches etc, you just can't set your desktop to your fave cute cat pic. Download at zero cost direct from MS.

Do you mean as a free upgrade
snoopy1811/10/2019 11:32

Do you mean as a free upgrade

Upgrade or fresh install, dun't matter. It's zero-cost download and zero-cost ongoing use. There is absolutely zero requirement to purchase anything, you just cannot personify the installation with the cute cat pix etc.
VicVinegar11/10/2019 11:42

https://software-codes.com/products/windows-10-proCurrent cheapest place …https://software-codes.com/products/windows-10-proCurrent cheapest place for Pro retail key

I’ve seen them and don’t understand why it’s so cheap, I want a genuine copy that I can keep updating
is that this ?
snoopy1811/10/2019 11:49

I’ve seen them and don’t understand why it’s so cheap, I want a genuine cop …I’ve seen them and don’t understand why it’s so cheap, I want a genuine copy that I can keep updating is that this ?

I can't be 100% on why they're so cheap, but I've used them on many computers without issues
VicVinegar11/10/2019 11:51

I can't be 100% on why they're so cheap, but I've used them on many …I can't be 100% on why they're so cheap, but I've used them on many computers without issues

They’re cheap because they are reusable serial keys stripped from dead motherboards.
Perfectly legal, cheap and fully featured.
Requires a fresh install from boot to be used though 🏽

I’ve seen them and don’t understand why it’s so cheap, I want a genuine cop …I’ve seen them and don’t understand why it’s so cheap, I want a genuine copy that I can keep updating is that this ?

Bit of a stuck record, but "genuine" and "keep updating" are both satisfied by a zero-cost download/installation direct from MS, but respect if you must have the cute cat desktop option from some dubious/non-dubious source requiring payment.

Those sorts of sites generally don't reveal their sources (not exactly reputable behaviour in itself) but I believe the less dodgy ones are Windows 7 and 8 keys pulled off old machines and presented as Windows 10 keys as the Windows 10 installer accepts them as valid.

Whether they will continue to be as valid as a proper retail box key for future upgrades (e.g. a Free Windows 11 upgrade) remains to be seen.

In terms of a retail key from a reputable company Microsoft generally don't seem to vary their price so they're all similar at £100-110, other than those that sell at RRP. Your best bet to get the price down further is some sort of price beat scheme or retailer-wide discount.

I don't think Amazon sell Windows 10, and for something like this marketplace sellers have a high chance of being dodgy.
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 12:11

Bit of a stuck record, but "genuine" and "keep updating" are both …Bit of a stuck record, but "genuine" and "keep updating" are both satisfied by a zero-cost download/installation direct from MS, but respect if you must have the cute cat desktop option from some dubious/non-dubious source requiring payment.

😄 Just surprised Microsoft giving away something for nothing
EndlessWaves11/10/2019 12:16

Those sorts of sites generally don't reveal their sources (not exactly …Those sorts of sites generally don't reveal their sources (not exactly reputable behaviour in itself) but I believe the less dodgy ones are Windows 7 and 8 keys pulled off old machines and presented as Windows 10 keys as the Windows 10 installer accepts them as valid. Whether they will continue to be as valid as a proper retail box key for future upgrades (e.g. a Free Windows 11 upgrade) remains to be seen. In terms of a retail key from a reputable company Microsoft generally don't seem to vary their price so they're all similar at £100-110, other than those that sell at RRP. Your best bet to get the price down further is some sort of price beat scheme or retailer-wide discount. I don't think Amazon sell Windows 10, and for something like this marketplace sellers have a high chance of being dodgy.

Yes it’s 133 direct from amazon and I don’t want the hassle of wiping pc and putting on programmes again etc so want something that’ll last
snoopy1811/10/2019 12:19

Yes it’s 133 direct from amazon and I don’t want the hassle of wiping pc an …Yes it’s 133 direct from amazon and I don’t want the hassle of wiping pc and putting on programmes again etc so want something that’ll last

It's not showing up on the Amazon site for me, but It's £120 RRP, e.g. from the Microsoft Store, so I don't know why Amazon are charging that much.
snoopy1811/10/2019 12:19

...I don’t want the hassle of wiping pc and putting on programmes again e …...I don’t want the hassle of wiping pc and putting on programmes again etc so want something that’ll last

Suggestion: install the freebie download direct from MS. If after a few days / weeks / months / hours you cannot tolerate not having your cute cat pic as desktop, then consider purchasing a key and adding it to the freebie installation. No re-installation required. Just a thought. I promise I will let it rest now. Maybe...
EndlessWaves11/10/2019 12:23

It's not showing up on the Amazon site for me, but It's £120 RRP, e.g. …It's not showing up on the Amazon site for me, but It's £120 RRP, e.g. from the Microsoft Store, so I don't know why Amazon are charging that much.

this is what I was looking at pro version
amazon on the right

amazon.co.uk/Mic…8-4
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 12:43

Suggestion: install the freebie download direct from MS. If after a few …Suggestion: install the freebie download direct from MS. If after a few days / weeks / months / hours you cannot tolerate not having your cute cat pic as desktop, then consider purchasing a key and adding it to the freebie installation. No re-installation required. Just a thought. I promise I will let it rest now. Maybe...

Its problems like this when I try to install on current pc( bought with a dodgy copy of windows 7 I think )

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing windows 7
Edited by: "snoopy18" 11th Oct
snoopy1811/10/2019 12:50

Its problems like this when I try to install on current pc( bought with a …Its problems like this when I try to install on current pc( bought with a dodgy copy of windows 7 I think )api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing windows 7

A clean w10 install will not generate an exclusively win7 fault code.
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 12:54

A clean w10 install will not generate an exclusively win7 fault code.

That's my current set up, so if I wiped and went to a fresh windows 10 I thought that would sort it?
snoopy1811/10/2019 12:56

That's my current set up, so if I wiped and went to a fresh windows 10 I …That's my current set up, so if I wiped and went to a fresh windows 10 I thought that would sort it?

Is that "if" a question or a statement? That error is (typically) related to Visual Studio 2015 and would be bizarre to be seen during a w10 clean install. You may be able to sort that issue for your problematic installation by re-installing the Visual C++ Redistributable via direct download from MS at microsoft.com/en-…145
Cute cat
Let's make things clearer:
1) if your Windows 7 is genuine, then update that machine to Windows 10.
If this process is successful then you can re-install from new (even on a new disk) but the same motherboard+processor a clean Windows 10 (same type as your Windows 7: home or professional)

2) If you don't want to pay for a Windows 10 license then you can download it from Microsoft website: microsoft.com/en-…s10
and you install it for free but make sure you configure as you wish (colors, wallpaper, theme, etc.) before you connect that machine to Internet. The Windows will not expire but there are some restrictions.
- You can still change your wallpaper (cats included) with almost any third party image viewer but you will not be able to use functions as "extended wallpaper".
- There is a windows 10 not activated reminder watermark (right bottom side of the screen) which could eventually be disabled with some tweaks.

If you have a windows 7 key you can still upgrade, just download the windows 10 installer from Microsoft
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 11th Oct
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 13:08

Is that "if" a question or a statement? That error is (typically) related …Is that "if" a question or a statement? That error is (typically) related to Visual Studio 2015 and would be bizarre to be seen during a w10 clean install. You may be able to sort that issue for your problematic installation by re-installing the Visual C++ Redistributable via direct download from MS at https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

It’s a statement but I done know my stuff in this matter so a question
I looked at before visual c but it would not install
TobyZ11/10/2019 13:22

Let's make things clearer:1) if your Windows 7 is genuine, then update …Let's make things clearer:1) if your Windows 7 is genuine, then update that machine to Windows 10.If this process is successful then you can re-install from new (even on a new disk) but the same motherboard+processor a clean Windows 10 (same type as your Windows 7: home or professional)2) If you don't want to pay for a Windows 10 license then you can download it from Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 and you install it for free but make sure you configure as you wish (colors, wallpaper, theme, etc.) before you connect that machine to Internet. The Windows will not expire but there are some restrictions.- You can still change your wallpaper (cats included) with almost any third party image viewer but you will not be able to use functions as "extended wallpaper".- There is a windows 10 not activated reminder watermark (right bottom side of the screen) which could eventually be disabled with some tweaks.

It’s a second hand pc and a dodgy copy of 7 I believe so if I update it it wipes all my programmes I believe
Thanks for the replies guys
If you want to make 100% sure it is legal copy, you could purchase from MS directly
microsoft.com/en-…tab
TobyZ11/10/2019 13:22

...You can still change your wallpaper (cats included) with almost any …...You can still change your wallpaper (cats included) with almost any third party image viewer ...

Result for cash-challenged cute cat lovers
snoopy1811/10/2019 15:30

It’s a second hand pc and a dodgy copy of 7 I believe so if I update it it …It’s a second hand pc and a dodgy copy of 7 I believe so if I update it it wipes all my programmes I believe

Update should retain compatible apps. Clean install retains nothing from prev installation, but you may be able to reinstall & re-licence prev apps post clean install if you made note of prev apps' licence prior to clean install (there must be an easier way of saying same thing?)
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 11:14

Cheapest option is not to bother buy it. The installation will still fully …Cheapest option is not to bother buy it. The installation will still fully function just as any other legit installation would, including forced updates & patches etc, you just can't set your desktop to your fave cute cat pic. Download at zero cost direct from MS.

Meh 3£ code on ebay and have nice wallpaper thanks
Gumbon11/10/2019 16:24

£3 ebay code OK until MS blacklist at 6months+1day & PP decline claim = sad cat
Gumbon11/10/2019 16:24

£3 is expensive, I paid 99p on eBay for Windows 10 Pro.
jamie1511/10/2019 17:27

£3 is expensive, I paid 99p on eBay for Windows 10 Pro.

I bulk buy them. Brilliant.
Just buy one on Ebay for under £2. They send you a download link as well.
LauraBargain201711/10/2019 18:48

Just buy one on Ebay for under £2. They send you a download link as well.

Could you link me to someone you’ve used pleas e
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants