windows 10 wont install from usb drive on samsung rv510

Found 21st Jun 2015
hi all

i had issues with my laptop recently and i have a very weird problem i need some help with.

ive created a usb boot/install drive for windows 10 but my laptop wont even load the installed it just boot loops.
(its a fresh install on an SSD)

anyone have any ideas to fix this as i want to get windows 10 back no it without looping.

19 Comments

it could be the drivers on the build you have installed. try an earlier build.

What did you use to create the bootable USB?

Original Poster

its the latest iso and ive used rufus. windows 8 works as im installing it now but i want 10 without having to update in os as i cant delete windows.old

What the o/s before? You could have just downloaded the ISO and installed it from the computer itself

Original Poster

it was on widows 10 before and it just one day got stuck in a boot loop. again it was the latest iso for that all from Microsoft website.

couldnt recover it with a usb so had to fresh install it then after that on each first restart is loops gain.

What display adapter are you using ?

Original Poster

kester76

What display adapter are you using ?

its a laptop so whatever is standard on this model.
mobile intel 4 series i think

I think it's this notebookcheck.net/Int…tml
Pretty low spec for running windows 10.
Can you install windows 10 32bit version ?

Original Poster

kester76

I think it's this … I think it's this http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-GMA-4500M.20379.0.html Pretty low spec for running windows 10. Can you install windows 10 32bit version ?

Yeah I've had the insider preview on it since it came out.

I have an ssd and upped it to 4gig ram from stock.
This is why it's so confusing as it was working up till about the a week ago

Is your BIOS set to standard or UEFI? Had the exact same problem literally 30 mins ago after a HDD transplant in an Acer laptop and had to change BIOS setting to Standard. Windows install is finishing now on it...

Yeah, Try disabling UEFI or enable "Legacy Mode" or something similar.

I had the same problem. Solution: disable every cpu core and hyperthreading.

Enabled everything after install and Windows is fine.

Original Poster

The only option I have is for ahci.
Its incredibly basic bios.

I haven't changed the bios since it had the working version on it so for it to random start looping.

I'll double check. I have windows 8.1 on it right now and it's fine. It's windows 10 that breaks it somehow.

Ooops... every core but one, obviously

nekoangel

The only option I have is for ahci.Its incredibly basic bios. I haven't … The only option I have is for ahci.Its incredibly basic bios. I haven't changed the bios since it had the working version on it so for it to random start looping. I'll double check. I have windows 8.1 on it right now and it's fine. It's windows 10 that breaks it somehow.

If you have a stock machine without any hardware upgrades such as a video accelerator like the crystal hd then I guess it's probably an issue with windows 10 that might get patched in a week or so. I'd stick with 8.1 until they figure out what went wrong. I had an issue with windows 8 where the 32bit version would work but the 64bit version corrupted my graphics hardware so I know how annoying these things can be

Original Poster

JohnTheBarbarian

Ooops... every core but one, obviously

I definantly don't have hyoerthreading lol its a very old t4500 cpu... Hah

Legacy usb and legacy os boot are enabled.

Ahci mode is on auto

There all the options I have. They have all been that way on Windows 10 before.

Original Poster

kester76

If you have a stock machine without any hardware upgrades such as a video … If you have a stock machine without any hardware upgrades such as a video accelerator like the crystal hd then I guess it's probably an issue with windows 10 that might get patched in a week or so. I'd stick with 8.1 until they figure out what went wrong. I had an issue with windows 8 where the 32bit version would work but the 64bit version corrupted my graphics hardware so I know how annoying these things can be

I'm thinking there was probably a new update that messed it up. I just can't understand why the usb boot won't work

nekoangel

I'm thinking there was probably a new update that messed it up. I just … I'm thinking there was probably a new update that messed it up. I just can't understand why the usb boot won't work

I guess you've booted from that device before ? I know I couldn't get my HP 311c mini to boot from certain USB sticks but it would boot from a USB external hard drive.

Original Poster

kester76

I guess you've booted from that device before ? I know I couldn't get my … I guess you've booted from that device before ? I know I couldn't get my HP 311c mini to boot from certain USB sticks but it would boot from a USB external hard drive.

I do have an external powered hd I could try but I'd have to ranger files etc off it to wipe.

But yeah the laptop in question test all software and os set ups for me and has been really god until now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions