Groups

WIndows 7 64 bit or 32 bit ?

Im not sure which one to install, i have a Intel Quad processor.

In the past there were loads of trouble with drivers etc, is it not a problem anymore ?

Any help appreciated

15 Comments

if you have 2gb of ram or more go for 64bit

I been on 64bit for a while now, and no probs whatsoeva

JayIce;6917279

I been on 64bit for a while now, and no probs whatsoeva

only a few issues I found at first with 64 bit is there are fewer security options available..barring that no problems

Original Poster

Ive got 3gb ram installed BTW going to up it to 4gb

i got 6gb ram, and remembering the prob with ram on 32 bit xp, i decided to go straight for the 64bit, only thing that doesn't (or at least didn't) work for me on 64 was jungleflasher

Banned

64bit here, having no problems

Original Poster

Thanks folks

rep left

Banned

64bit ftw

deanos;6917298

Ive got 3gb ram installed BTW going to up it to 4gb

If you're planning on going up to 4gb of RAM you'll need to install 64bit as 32 bit will only allow 3.5gb.

The only problems i've encountered have been with various cisco software not supporting 64 bit OS's.

Original Poster

Would things like CC cleaner for example work ok ?

Banned

What's the difference between 32 and 64 bit ?

DVS_Dee;6918127

If you're planning on going up to 4gb of RAM you'll need to install 64bit … If you're planning on going up to 4gb of RAM you'll need to install 64bit as 32 bit will only allow 3.5gb.The only problems i've encountered have been with various cisco software not supporting 64 bit OS's.

+1

The only problem I've had was some Cisco VPN software deciding not to like it very much. That was only for work though so not very important.

deanos;6922347

Would things like CC cleaner for example work ok ?

Yes

ryman1000;6922406

What's the difference between 32 and 64 bit ?

64 bit can address far more memory.

morrk;6922425

64 bit can address far more memory.

And run 64-bit binaries (and lots of other little advantages that AMD-64 brings such as more,wider registers). 64-bit is definitely the better option - 64 bit processors have been around for 6 or 7 years now, its about time software (and drivers!) caught up...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764263
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions