Groups
    EXPIRED

Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Hi
    I am thinking of upgrading my XP machine to Windows 7. Where is the cheapest place to buy Microsoft "Windows 7 Professional 64bit"?

Thanks in advance

9 Comments

If you or anyone in your family is a student, ]software4students is the cheapest place I think.

OEM version ]here. Not sure if you need OEM / retail.

is your xp machine win7 friendly

you cant do an inplace upgrade from xp it will have to be a full clean install and i dont think an upgrade version will work, but im not 100% sure on that.

also is 64bit needed?

windows has a free upgrade advisor tool may help you sort that out, analyses all the printers etc too.

if you can't find one with a "student" price then the best bet is to buy a new computer as it'd also assure hardware wise compatibility.

mattbisme;8656399

you cant do an inplace upgrade from xp it will have to be a full clean … you cant do an inplace upgrade from xp it will have to be a full clean install and i dont think an upgrade version will work, but im not 100% sure on that.also is 64bit needed?

will work if you go xp pro to windows 7 home premium :thumbsup:

cheapest way is torrents lol try b4 u buy

Original Poster

Doesn't have to be 64 bit I suppose, just my CPU is 64 bit so thought I would take full advantage.

Personally, if you have more than one PC in the house and you want also to upgrade your MS Office programs etc... I would sign up for the Technet subscriptions

See link for voucher code...NOTE stay on the USA site, the coupon works!
    retailmenot.com/vie…com
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent 4k TV on a budget33
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2535
      3. can i get a duplicate copy of my baby scan?78
      4. How to get best deal on sky22

See more discussions