Windows 7 and 8--->Windows 10 is still free!

20 replies
Found 27th Oct 2016
Before you start commenting "We know about the assistive technology methods, stop reposting this", its not that method. I had trouble upgrading using that method, so I thought to flip with it, I'm gonna install Windows 10 and see if my windows 7 key works. And it did! but to make sure you use the correct key, download Produkey, which tells you your windows activation key if it is activated, write it down (or take a picture, it is 2016) and type that in in the Windows 10 setup. DISCLAIMER: BACKUP YOUR DRIVES BEFORE DOING THIS, IVE ONLY TRIED THIS ON ONE PC IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS

20 Comments

Original Poster

[img]file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.tippingcanoe.hukd/files/Pictures/thread2535593/1477591491243_transformed.png[/img] that's where the product key should be

If only you could roll back to Windows 7 after 30 days. I hate windows 10.

stuarthanley

If only you could roll back to Windows 7 after 30 days. I hate windows … If only you could roll back to Windows 7 after 30 days. I hate windows 10.

I didn't do it. I have Win10 on a tablet, but hate it. I'm glad I stayed with Win7 on my laptop. I won't be buying another windows computer in the future.

Original Poster

Predikuesi

I didn't do it. I have Win10 on a tablet, but hate it. I'm glad I stayed … I didn't do it. I have Win10 on a tablet, but hate it. I'm glad I stayed with Win7 on my laptop. I won't be buying another windows computer in the future.

​RIP

abzycar

Produkey download

Thanks for the program link. I won't be using it for the reason you mentioned, but I do need to get a list of the program keys on my computer.

abzycar

​RIP

No biggy for me. I use my Windows laptop for only 30 minutes a week. I now use a MacBook Air.

OS X is so much better, no more messing about with different versions of Windows, OSX stays OSX no matter what they change.

IM not saying this as a fanboy I only switched in January and have windows running on parallels but never touch windows anymore.

Original Poster

haritori

OS X is so much better, no more messing about with different versions of … OS X is so much better, no more messing about with different versions of Windows, OSX stays OSX no matter what they change.IM not saying this as a fanboy I only switched in January and have windows running on parallels but never touch windows anymore.

Will OSX still be OSX if they change the name?

Thanks but no thanks, I will stick with 7.

Just say no.

Microsoft giving something away FREE.
Not his style is it?

landros1

Microsoft giving something away FREE.Not his style is it?

Did you just assume Microsoft's gender?...
Edited by: "RossD89" 27th Oct 2016

I loved 10, but the computer that had it died

this one is a vista I hate it can not fine the 7 disk to up grade to 7 then I could have 10

miles136

I loved 10, but the computer that had it died :(this one is a vista I … I loved 10, but the computer that had it died :(this one is a vista I hate it can not fine the 7 disk to up grade to 7 then I could have 10

I've used every edition from Win 3.1 except Vista. The only three I liked using are 95, XP and 7. I might try the OSX that haritori mentioned on a XP desktop I no longer use.

I may be in the minority but I like 10, but then I did have win 8.1 for a few months which was awful....:(

haritori

OS X is so much better, no more messing about with different versions of … OS X is so much better, no more messing about with different versions of Windows, OSX stays OSX no matter what they change.IM not saying this as a fanboy I only switched in January and have windows running on parallels but never touch windows anymore.

Hmm. Doesn't osx get an annual point release update which frequently breaks compatibility with previous versions? I was reading a week or so ago about a guy who's found his audio interface to be a paperweight following the latest update, as it broke driver compatibility and the product's manufacturer don't want to release new drivers for it.

dxx

Hmm. Doesn't osx get an annual point release update which frequently … Hmm. Doesn't osx get an annual point release update which frequently breaks compatibility with previous versions? I was reading a week or so ago about a guy who's found his audio interface to be a paperweight following the latest update, as it broke driver compatibility and the product's manufacturer don't want to release new drivers for it.

I don't know, just login on my experince.

RossD89

Did you just assume Microsoft's gender?...

Bill Gates does sound a very feminine name to me !
Edited by: "landros1" 28th Oct 2016

If Beverley Crusher from Star Trek the Next Generation married Bill Gates she would be called Gates Gates
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52485
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions