Groups

Windows 7 and the case of the missing Calendar.....

Hi all

I was surprised to find that 7 has dropped the inbult calendar & now looking for another option.

I have Outlook 2007 installed but from what I can see you have to open the programme to get the pop up reminder (I dont open it every day).

Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to pop up a reminder without having to open the programme?

If not what is the best standalone to use?

Thanks.

14 Comments

Banned

In Windows 7, Windows Mail, Windows Calendar, Windows Photo Gallery, and Windows Movie Maker are part of Windows Live Essentials. So you just need Windows Live Essentials to get all of that stuff back. Download it here download.live.com/

Banned

Disco;6732634

]LMGTFY

LOL! If you're going to do that, at least get the spelling of calendar correct

Disco;6732634

]LMGTFY

Be even better if you had spelt calendAr properly :whistling:

Disco;6732634

]LMGTFY

oh my days!

Disco;6732634

]LMGTFY

]LMGTFY

Banned

sancho1983;6732702

]LMGTFY

lol :thumbsup:

I laughed, but the spelling made me LOL so much more....

Original Poster

Disco;6732634

]LMGTFY

I did indeed google it ...................... I even spelled it correctly. :thumbsup:

Couldn't find an answer to the Outlook question and was hoping for some up to date advice from the good folks here.

what spelling? lol :thumbsup::whistling:

Original Poster

csiman;6732657

In Windows 7, Windows Mail, Windows Calendar, Windows Photo Gallery, and … In Windows 7, Windows Mail, Windows Calendar, Windows Photo Gallery, and Windows Movie Maker are part of Windows Live Essentials. So you just need Windows Live Essentials to get all of that stuff back. Download it here http://download.live.com/

Cheers for that.

Do you know if the CalendAr pops up reminders even if the mail programme isnt opened?

Still cant find a way to do that in Outlook no matter how hard I google.

Original Poster

Tomb;6732970

Cheers for that.Do you know if the CalendAr pops up reminders even if the … Cheers for that.Do you know if the CalendAr pops up reminders even if the mail programme isnt opened?Still cant find a way to do that in Outlook no matter how hard I google.

Downloaded Essentials & the Calendar (within Windows Live Mail) does not have any functionality to pop up a reminder as with the old calendar - it will send you a reminder email but that aint what I want :cry:

Original Poster

Given up on a Microsoft solution.

Downloaded Rainlendar & it seems just the job - much better than the old Vista Calendar.

rainlendar.net/cms…php

Banned

Tomb;6733450

Given up on a Microsoft solution.Downloaded Rainlendar & it seems just … Given up on a Microsoft solution.Downloaded Rainlendar & it seems just the job - much better than the old Vista Calendar.http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php

nice one! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844467
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?816
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826353

See more discussions