Groups

Windows 7 help please

I bought a netbook last week that has Windows 7 starter installed on it. It keeps doing daily Windows updates and now after this mornings update, the internet explorer button has disappered from my task bar meaning i have to do a search under internet explorer to be able to get on the web.
    What can i do to a) get my button back and b) stop these bloody updates!!!!
    Thanks in advance
    xx

7 Comments

Go to the start menu, and type "windows update" into the search bar.
    Go to "Change settings", and switch the updates off.

Load up internet explorer, google "Mozilla firefox", install that, and leave IE wherever it has taken itself.

Edited by: "thesaint" 22nd Mar 2011

Why the hell would you want to stop the updates?

Step 1) Stop using internet explorer.
    Step 2) Download Google Chrome (as you are on a netbook)
    Step 3) Enjoy.

mumbojumbo

Find Internet Explorer in your Start Menu, highlight it, right-click and … Find Internet Explorer in your Start Menu, highlight it, right-click and select "Pin to Taskbar".

thanks I too was having the same problem with my new laptop settings all fixed now

Don't turn off the updates, they are there for a reason. A new machine will always have shed loads to do, but it will settle.

It would seem even Bill Gates has worked out what to do with IE. About time too. As above, get Firefox.

Banned

+1 to stop using IE - useless and insecure

get firefox

Jetpac

Why the hell would you want to stop the updates?Step 1) Stop using … Why the hell would you want to stop the updates?Step 1) Stop using internet explorer.Step 2) Download Google Chrome (as you are on a netbook)Step 3) Enjoy.

You are aware that chrome tracks everything you do, if you want to use a chrome based browser try iron or chromium. or even better FIREFOX.

Original Poster

mumbojumbo

Find Internet Explorer in your Start Menu, highlight it, right-click and … Find Internet Explorer in your Start Menu, highlight it, right-click and select "Pin to Taskbar".

Thanks thanks n thanks! So easy when you know how!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save23
      2. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?44
      3. Tooth extraction22
      4. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1213

See more discussions