Groups

Windows 7 Installation - Rep for Help

Banned
    Trying to install windows 7 to a partition but keep getting this message....

11 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://i43.tinypic.com/juzs7n.jpg[/IMG]

Original Poster Banned

I've formatted the drive and tried booting to disk, tried upgrade and custom install, to no prevail. Whats wrong ?

Banned

is the partition formatted yet?

Original Poster Banned

jubbyme;8536154

is the partition formatted yet?

Did it from boot to disk option and the right click format option on my computer. It was the initial partition before I installed the partition im currently using

Original Poster Banned

It was originally 'C:\' but seem to move itself to 'E:\'. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the C drive being categorised as system

ryman1000;8536179

It was originally 'C:\' but seem to move itself to 'E:\'. I'm wondering … It was originally 'C:\' but seem to move itself to 'E:\'. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the C drive being categorised as system

Is there any other operating system loaded?

Original Poster Banned

bigfoot100;8536219

Is there any other operating system loaded?

Windows XP on partition drive D

I had this problem on my brother computer, I deleted the System Reserve partition and it installed ok after that. Think it was because Windows 7 tried to install some kind of boot files to the C:\ which didn't have enough space.

Could you try formatting again and leaving as unallocated space?

Original Poster Banned

Spriggan;8536274

I had this problem on my brother computer, I deleted the System Reserve … I had this problem on my brother computer, I deleted the System Reserve partition and it installed ok after that. Think it was because Windows 7 tried to install some kind of boot files to the C:\ which didn't have enough space.

Just deleted an unknown partition and left it as unallocated space. Hopefully it'll work now. Rep left for any help, ty

Update : Now installing :-D

ryman1000;8536361

Just deleted an unknown partition and left it as unallocated space. … Just deleted an unknown partition and left it as unallocated space. Hopefully it'll work now. Rep left for any help, tyUpdate : Now installing :-D

nice one :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …159388
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1846
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415914104
      4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October820

See more discussions