windows 7 keeps going to sleep

9 replies
Found 31st Oct 2009
whenever i leave my computer dut i'm not using it it goes to sleep after about 30-45 mins

i need it to stay on as i'm downloading windows 7 again as its always going corrupt so have been told to download through torrents but it keeps falling a sleep and i don't want to sit here and wait for it to finish as i want to watch the arsenal vs spurs match

9 Comments

try going to control panel > power options and change sleep to never

mine is doing that too just haven't bothered to fiddle with the options, i'm sure there's an option under power modes. When i get to my computer i'll have a look for you

Original Poster

kelly1987;6742638

try going to control panel > power options and change sleep to never

thanks just done that

mcnally32;6742639

mine is doing that too just haven't bothered to fiddle with the options, … mine is doing that too just haven't bothered to fiddle with the options, i'm sure there's an option under power modes. When i get to my computer i'll have a look for you

Yeah there is, we have to do it at work (pc world) cos all of our PC's/laptops kept going to sleep all the time

Original Poster

kelly1987;6742709

Yeah there is, we have to do it at work (pc world) cos all of our … Yeah there is, we have to do it at work (pc world) cos all of our PC's/laptops kept going to sleep all the time

lol

i changed it to never also do you need to change when to turn off display

btw have left rep for you both

Original Poster

mcnally32;6742639

mine is doing that too just haven't bothered to fiddle with the options, … mine is doing that too just haven't bothered to fiddle with the options, i'm sure there's an option under power modes. When i get to my computer i'll have a look for you

it won't let me leave rep for you as i think i left it for you a couple of days ago sorry

I had to switch it to never for the display too as it stopped dloads too (which I found rather stupid).

Original Poster

Brb;6742773

I had to switch it to never for the display too as it stopped dloads too … I had to switch it to never for the display too as it stopped dloads too (which I found rather stupid).

thanks will do that but does that mean i have to leave my screen on because i was going to turn it off

atigona;6742797

thanks will do that but does that mean i have to leave my screen on … thanks will do that but does that mean i have to leave my screen on because i was going to turn it off

I turn mine off at the monitor - which doesn't affect dloads
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions