Groups
    EXPIRED

Windows 7 laptops wanted

Any ideas where I can buy a brand new laptop with windows 7 on as really dislike windows 8

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

16 Comments

Luckily for you, Microsoft have stopped shipping W7 to manufacturers to preload on machines. With that, prices should start to fall to some degree. W10 will be here soon. Vista is also, sadly, much better than W7.

With Windows 8.1 it will now boot direct into the desktop so there's no need to even see the metro tiles any longer if you don't want to. Also if you install a Start menu replacement software program (there are loads of free ones) then you will get the start button back as well so it will not only feel like Win 7 but you will get all the benefits of Win 8 such as it will run better and faster.

So no need to go back to Win 7 at all :-)

Original Poster

I don't like the user interface of windows 8 just want a nice new traditional laptop, every where I've looked so far all come with w8.1 !!

steph_langton

I don't like the user interface of windows 8 just want a nice new … I don't like the user interface of windows 8 just want a nice new traditional laptop, every where I've looked so far all come with w8.1 !!

That's because that's the future I'm afraid, you'll have to embrace it at some point! ;-)

Original Poster

bobdylan

With Windows 8.1 it will now boot direct into the desktop so there's no … With Windows 8.1 it will now boot direct into the desktop so there's no need to even see the metro tiles any longer if you don't want to. Also if you install a Start menu replacement software program (there are loads of free ones) then you will get the start button back as well so it will not only feel like Win 7 but you will get all the benefits of Win 8 such as it will run better and faster.So no need to go back to Win 7 at all :-)

so w8.1 is desktop style, no tiles and proper Internet not apps ect

steph_langton

so w8.1 is desktop style, no tiles and proper Internet not apps ect

Both Win 8 and Win 8.1 have metro tiles AND desktops. Just that when MS (in their wisdom) first brought out 8 they booted it straight into the tiles (althought this could be changed). Now with 8.1 they have changed it around and it now does the opposite and it boots straight into the desktop instead.... so just exactly the same as Win 7!

Original Poster

That's brill thank you!

steph_langton

That's brill thank you!

No probs, I hope it gives you a bit more love for Win 8 :-) lol

I have windows 8.1 with touchscreen which I would really recommend. I use the desktop which makes it look like I am still using windows 7. I really like the touchscreen option which works great with some extra options available with windows 8.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Products/cat/Laptops/refine/46572~52326$46572~144430

Once you get used to 8.1 you will not want to go back to Windows 7. Generally faster and actually using Windows key then typing your search works better than the traditional start menu once you get the hang of it.

bobdylan

That's because that's the future I'm afraid, you'll have to embrace it at … That's because that's the future I'm afraid, you'll have to embrace it at some point! ;-)

Really?, I'm still using XP, yes I have tried Vista/7 & 8.

I prefer XP.

pcworld business site, I'm not sure if u would need to register for a Business account or not, but to my knowledge, u don't (Coming from someone who works at Currys/PcWorld). hope this helps

have you tried putting window 7 laptop in the search bar on HUKD, seems to be a few hits straight away.

hotukdeals.com/sea…top

Original Poster

All I want is something I can use to browse the Internet. Internet shop, jib search ect as I find you get more on a laptop then using silly apps or mobile Internet.

You could always try getting a laptop without an operating system (http://www.novatech.co.uk)
    and buying ebay.co.uk/itm…061 for £33
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543727
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767112
      3. word association Game73844438
      4. PC Gamers - Steam Friends?933

See more discussions