Expired

Windows 7 Lite !!??!!

Found 21st Jan 2011
Hi
wondering if there is a legit version of windows 7 lite at all?
or is there a way of turning off windows features to save hdd space.
have just fitted a 64gb ssd and has not left me much room. i have seen the lite but they are all torrents.
any help apprreciated
thanks

12 Comments

Windows 7 Starter edition

Just 7 lite your own version and strip out everything you don't need.

Original Poster

DVS_Dee

ahha top man i was looking for something like this cause i seen vlite but only seems to work on vista many thanks will try that

If you don't mind me asking why did you choose SSD? Also is the SSD the only drive?

nick1austin

If you don't mind me asking why did you choose SSD? Also is the SSD the … If you don't mind me asking why did you choose SSD? Also is the SSD the only drive?

Because they are extremely fast.

Deano467

Windows 7 Starter edition

I dont think you can buy Windows Starter, you can only get it pre installed on netbooks

Banned

DVS_Dee

Don't know if they should be trusted, they can't even get their webpage right

"Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_645d_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) SQL=SELECT m.*, sum(case when p.published=1 then 1 else 0 end) as cnt FROM jos_menu AS m LEFT JOIN jos_menu AS p ON p.parent = m.id WHERE m.menutype='mainmenu' AND m.published='1' AND m.access <= 0 GROUP BY m.id ORDER BY m.parent, m.ordering
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rtwincus/public_html/rtseven/templates/softech/suckerfish.php on line 162"

Original Poster

nick1austin

If you don't mind me asking why did you choose SSD? Also is the SSD the … If you don't mind me asking why did you choose SSD? Also is the SSD the only drive?

like dcx said cos their blooody quick have one in my desktop boots 1n 7 secs. the laptop is an alienware soonly has 1 hdd slot

indianbelters

like dcx said cos their blooody quick have one in my desktop boots 1n 7 … like dcx said cos their blooody quick have one in my desktop boots 1n 7 secs. the laptop is an alienware soonly has 1 hdd slot

My recommendation for a desktop would be to have two drives, one SSD (for executables, i.e. the OS and applications) and one normal drive for non-executable data.

You can reconfigure Windows so that C:\Documents and Settings is on the ordinary drive which will have minimal impact on performance but still give you plenty of space for your documents, pictures, movies, music etc. If done correctly all downloads wil automatically use the non-SSD drive.

Original Poster

nick1austin

My recommendation for a desktop would be to have two drives, one SSD (for … My recommendation for a desktop would be to have two drives, one SSD (for executables, i.e. the OS and applications) and one normal drive for non-executable data.You can reconfigure Windows so that C:\Documents and Settings is on the ordinary drive which will have minimal impact on performance but still give you plenty of space for your documents, pictures, movies, music etc. If done correctly all downloads wil automatically use the non-SSD drive.

lool i know all that i have a ssd as boot a wd 10,000rpm 150gb drive for other executables and 2tb raid for data

indianbelters

lool i know all that i have a ssd as boot a wd 10,000rpm 150gb drive for … lool i know all that i have a ssd as boot a wd 10,000rpm 150gb drive for other executables and 2tb raid for data

Good system. I don't know why you have space problems because your SSD/ drive should only be 1/3 full. I think you need to do an analysis of what is currently using that space.

Original Poster

nick1austin

Good system. I don't know why you have space problems because your SSD/ … Good system. I don't know why you have space problems because your SSD/ drive should only be 1/3 full. I think you need to do an analysis of what is currently using that space.

i only installed windows 7 hp thats it and it left me with 30gb free

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.