Found 2nd Feb 2011
Would I be right in thinking I could download Windows 7 from a torrent or somewhere and reinstall it on there to do a clean install, as I have the License Key?

Cheers

10 Comments

as long as your licence key is not for an oem version

Has your netbook not got an option to make recovery CD/DVDs?

Are you saying that the netbook has a windows 7 key or that you have a seperate key,

Putting windows 7 onto a netbook will make it run like a dying dog, netbooks tend to have 1GB RAM inside them and windows 7 will take most of that around 700MB which is why when you buy a new netbook you get windows 7 started, which still runs like a dog, but with a wee bit more life in it, dont ruin your net book.

Either that or upgrade the RAM and make your netbook a powerful beast and download windows 7 and get a product key, there was a site for product keys that could steal liscences for you cant remember the name though sorry

Yes you can then,

mosskeeto

as long as your licence key is not for an oem version

guilbert53

Has your netbook not got an option to make recovery CD/DVDs?

tonyg1962

Are you saying that the netbook has a windows 7 key or that you have a … Are you saying that the netbook has a windows 7 key or that you have a seperate key,

Original Poster

DannyM

Putting windows 7 onto a netbook will make it run like a dying dog, … Putting windows 7 onto a netbook will make it run like a dying dog, netbooks tend to have 1GB RAM inside them and windows 7 will take most of that around 700MB which is why when you buy a new netbook you get windows 7 started, which still runs like a dog, but with a wee bit more life in it, dont ruin your net book.Either that or upgrade the RAM and make your netbook a powerful beast and download windows 7 and get a product key, there was a site for product keys that could steal liscences for you cant remember the name though sorry

already upgraded mate

dcx_badass

You can download it direct from Microsoft so no idea why you'd get it … You can download it direct from Microsoft so no idea why you'd get it from torrents.

ah when i looked it said purchase so i left it

already upgraded mate

Sorry you had put a new post in when i was typing, what RAM are you running on now ?

Banned

windows 7 runs as good as xp on a laptop with 1gb RAM. Use a memory stick though for ready boost oh and disable aero.

typing to keep the thread in my list, nice find
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61630
    2. Chat magazine issue 4312
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions