Groups

Windows 7 question

Ok so I managed to make a bootable dvd but when deleting old partition and fomatting it gives me a 100 meg partition and one for the rest of the HD space(about 234 gig)

Is this right as never had this before.

7 Comments

[FONT=Verdana]Hack to Remove 100 MB System Reserved Partition When Installing Windows 7 » My Digital Life
    mydigitallife.info/200…-7/

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
    [/FONT]

Original Poster

Thanks for that, will give it a go when I get a chance, just didnt know if it was because I made a custom boot disc or not.

Does it matter? 100meg ain't much!

Original Poster

Benjimoron;6660070

Does it matter? 100meg ain't much!

I just like having 1 partition partly for defragmentation etc and ease of access.

ryouga;6660124

I just like having 1 partition partly for defragmentation etc and ease of … I just like having 1 partition partly for defragmentation etc and ease of access.

What sort of ease of access?

EndlessWaves;6661492

What sort of ease of access?

[FONT=Verdana]The 100MB partition is meant to be hidden from view, to prevent it being accessed by the users on the computer - I assume that's what he's referring to, so there is one large partition in place on the hard disk only for the time being.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Banned

ryouga;6660124

I just like having 1 partition partly for defragmentation etc and ease of … I just like having 1 partition partly for defragmentation etc and ease of access.

but it doesnt get a drive letter and mine shows as a OEM partition so I wouldnt delete it anyway

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot002-18.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …250829
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523455
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764556
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846313

See more discussions