Windows 7 Release Date Changed-Earlier

11 replies
Found 19th Oct 2009
Just to inform you that the Windows 7 release date has been changed to 19 October due to the imminent postal strike that is due to happen on the 22nd October.
Microsoft have informed distributers that they can release the new OS today to ensure that it arives by the 22nd.
Hope this helps

11 Comments

Thanks for the info. Seen a few thread with people already receiving their copies today so seems they sent them out a couple of days ago

lol...threads on here about people who received theirs today.

Got mine today.

Does this mean that i'll b able to download it today through the student offer they had running or is this date for online retailers to dispatch early?

krazie2004;6624041

Does this mean that i'll b able to download it today through the student … Does this mean that i'll b able to download it today through the student offer they had running or is this date for online retailers to dispatch early?

That's a good question. You can look up your order on the digital distributors website (see the order confirmation email you received). I doubt it will be available early digitally. No harm checking.

matedodgy;6624143

That's a good question. You can look up your order on the digital … That's a good question. You can look up your order on the digital distributors website (see the order confirmation email you received). I doubt it will be available early digitally. No harm checking.

Just had a quick look and it's not up yet... ;-)

Original Poster

It's only if you are having it delivered as all deliveries will be effected by the postal strike.
Unless the unions stop the internet from working on that day (Wouldn't put it past them) then download vesions should remain as normal.

Got mine today, Supposed to take about 5 days from release date, Pleased I didn't pay extra for the postage.

Anybody got theirs from tesco?

ebuyer are sticking with the 21st for release and if you did not pay for next day it may not get to you till the 27th looks like they could of sent this lot on the 19th but mine has not even been alocated yet so looks bad for ebuyer customers

scooter

I shall be downloading my copy of windows 7 ultimate for £30 :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions