Groups

Windows 7 student upgrade

Bought this disc from one of the hot deals in here.been running fine after installing from scratch ( would not allow the upgrade as it was not the upgrade required for my version of vista) however, it is now asking for a product key and all I got was the disc.no product keys.in the meantime it is showing as not genuine.any ideas how to fix? Cheers

10 Comments

it's the product key that your paying £30 for really - without it you may as well install a pirated copy.

Did you buy it from a reputed retailer or under FS / FT here?

I also donot understamd if you are stuck at the license key stage how to you get a non genuine software message unless you actually enter a license key?

You may refer to Microsoft's ]Tech support page or call them 0870 60 10 100.

Hi there, the product key should be on the back of the cd wallet that the disc came in.

Usually an orange sticker

Did you buy it from a reputed retailer or under FS / FT here? I also … Did you buy it from a reputed retailer or under FS / FT here? I also donot understamd if you are stuck at the license key stage how to you get a non genuine software message unless you actually enter a license key? You may refer to Microsoft's Tech support page or call them 0870 60 10 100.

I think you can install any version without a key for 30 days then you have to validate it.

if it was the 30 quid student offer you get emailed the key....

if it was the 30 quid student offer you get emailed the key....

I was emailed mine too but you could pay extra for a copy of the CD - I think it was £9 extra - they still would have emailed the code though - the CD was just a backup - some people like to have the physical media.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/980/34176061.gif

What I understand from Microsoft's website is that if you are upgrading from Vista to Win-7, the product key you need to enter is the key for your existing VISTA OS.

]https//om…-us

Original Poster

It was bought from software4students

eyebaws;7459579

It was bought from software4students

They should have emailed you a key.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7461431

Well it should have asked for the key when installing.

It did, i left it blank
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions