Groups

Windows 7 & Tiscali Broadband

Anyone running Windows 7 with Tiscali broadband?
    I recently bought W7 but am reluctant to install it as I've heard it's not compatable with Tiscali broadband. I'm particularly concerned that it won't work given that my ISP CD is about 7 years old. Can I just get another, more up to date W7 one?

BTW I've got a Belkin wireless router - do I need to install the Tiscali disk anyway?
    Any help appreciated!!

9 Comments

My Tiscali config is all on the router side. I never bothered with the CD on my PC, I just set it up to connect to the network in the control panel. There's no way Tiscali wouldn't be compatible with Windows 7.

192.168.1.1 is the IP for my router.

I'm using W7 64 bit on tiscali with no problems.

Original Poster

nickw90;7193386

My Tiscali config is all on the router side. I never bothered with the CD … My Tiscali config is all on the router side. I never bothered with the CD on my PC, I just set it up to connect to the network in the control panel. There's no way Tiscali wouldn't be compatible with Windows 7.192.168.1.1 is the IP for my router.

Thanks maybe I'll be brave and give it a go. Is the router set up easy?

Original Poster

g1bbuk;7193403

I'm using W7 64 bit on tiscali with no problems.

Did you use the Tiscali CD?

supergoose;7193506

Thanks maybe I'll be brave and give it a go. Is the router set up easy?

If the router is working fine at the moment then there's no need to set it up again. Just login to it and find out what your wireless network key/password is (assuming you have one). Just connect to the router in Windows 7 and enter the password.

Original Poster

nickw90;7193722

If the router is working fine at the moment then there's no need to set … If the router is working fine at the moment then there's no need to set it up again. Just login to it and find out what your wireless network key/password is (assuming you have one). Just connect to the router in Windows 7 and enter the password.

Cheers mate - I've repped you.

supergoose;7193514

Did you use the Tiscali CD?

Don't think so. Pretty sure it all just sorted itself out.

Original Poster

g1bbuk;7193959

Don't think so. Pretty sure it all just sorted itself out.

Cheers - Rep left.

As above, don't bother with the installation broadband cd. If your router is configured correctly just connect up wired or wireless and it'll work just fine.

Steve
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767430
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2749
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.614
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder68

See more discussions