Groups

Windows 7 upgrade?

If I buy a laptop which comes with the upgrade, can I use the upgrade on my PC which I had for about a year but has windows vista premium on it? Rep for help

6 Comments

Banned

nope if its an upgrade thats what it has to be used for

i dont see why no its a complete install disc with 32 or 64 bit software.
    Dont think they care as you own the rights to disc licence.

Banned

bigwheels;6239660

i dont see why no its a complete install disc with 32 or 64 bit … i dont see why no its a complete install disc with 32 or 64 bit software.Dont think they care as you own the rights to disc licence.

licensed to 1 computer.....if it were licensed to 2 as in installed on another pc it wouldnt be an upgrade it would be a seperate os......they would be losing money as people would be selling 1 os on and keeping the other.....not gonna happen

upgrades dont work like that the key word is upgrade......

you can only install it on one [it will require online or telephone activation] machine, obviously it should be the one the upgrade was attached to

Banned

dt_matthews;6240476

you can only install it on one [it will require online or telephone … you can only install it on one [it will require online or telephone activation] machine, obviously it should be the one the upgrade was attached to

heres the man with the hammer:)

Original Poster

Thanks, thought that was the cas - just wanted to check though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …99188
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30119
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764508

See more discussions