Groups

Windows 7 upgrade on my dell laptop help please

I got big probs! Got win 7 finally. Tried installing but it says it needs to uninstall the dell wlan to continue. So I let it unintsall it but then comp wont connect to internet and so it means that it wont let me install win 7 as I cant install the updates! Please help

7 Comments

Can't you use the wire that goes to from the modem to laptop to get the internet as my wireless has gone down a few times and I have just plugged in the yellow wire to my laptop and I haven't had to click on anything it just came on straight away, good luck with it.

I did this on sat. you can download the win7 compatible driver from dell but it won't work until you have win7 installed. can you not just plug into the internet?

btw it took hours to do

Original Poster

owens101;6850023

I did this on sat. you can download the win7 compatible driver from dell … I did this on sat. you can download the win7 compatible driver from dell but it won't work until you have win7 installed. can you not just plug into the internet?btw it took hours to do

No I cant plug into net, havent got any leads as thats only wirelss. Think I will have to try to find a lead and then do it another day

bargainhunter2009;6850070

No I cant plug into net, havent got any leads as thats only wirelss. … No I cant plug into net, havent got any leads as thats only wirelss. Think I will have to try to find a lead and then do it another day

Its always recommended to install while connected anyway as Windows 7 does a good job of finding the drivers it needs during the install,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6850211

Its always recommended to install while connected anyway as Windows 7 … Its always recommended to install while connected anyway as Windows 7 does a good job of finding the drivers it needs during the install,

Thank you Tony

bargainhunter2009;6850229

Thank you Tony

[FONT=Verdana]Worst case scenario you can download the device driver for Windows 7 from another computer and have it ready on a USB memory stick.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster

Finally downloaded it all. Took 2 and a half hours to put win 7 on it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions