Groups

Windows 7 Upgrade Problem - "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

Just downloaded the Windows 7 Professional upgrade version, and when I go to open the file to extract it, an error comes up saying the following:

"An error was encountered
    The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Anyone had this before or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

5 Comments

My guess is the file has not fully downloaded and parts are missing, hence the error.

Download again and make sure it has finsihed before trying to install it.

Original Poster

guilbert53;6666875

My guess is the file has not fully downloaded and parts are missing, … My guess is the file has not fully downloaded and parts are missing, hence the error.Download again and make sure it has finsihed before trying to install it.

yeah, I started the re-downloaded again - I waited until it had downloaded and opened the downloaded file like 20 minutes after it was completed, so not sure what happen.

Only scared that I might go over my download limit now.

is it because it's a zip file and you are using old software to unzip it?, try downloading winrar or winzip latest version
    i had this the other day with a d2d dl and was trying to open it with windows compressed folder

Original Poster

maddogb;6667488

is it because it's a zip file and you are using old software to unzip … is it because it's a zip file and you are using old software to unzip it?, try downloading winrar or winzip latest versioni had this the other day with a d2d dl and was trying to open it with windows compressed folder

Nah its not a Zip or rar file, its a .exe setup file with with two other .box files.
    You open the .exe file and it starts to extract it self.

Re-downloading now, 10 minutes remaining.

Original Poster

No luck, same error
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789
      2. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)55
      3. Bearded chat1225
      4. Cat Chat77751

See more discussions