Groups

Windows 7 weirdness.

Finally got windows 7 on my laptop & am well impressed, seems faster & much improved on vista.

My question is in windows base score I get this:
    Processor 4.1
    Ram 4.2
    Graphics 3.1
    Gaming graphics 4.9
    Hard disc 2.0

The weird thing is gaming graphics was my lowest base score before install & hard disc was the highest??
    Is this just windows 7 tripping out, rep for any help

15 Comments

Banned

who cares - windows 7 rocks my world!

(I dunno... sounds odd)

Nah there is load of factors involved. DX 10.1 has been changed and seven does not utilize as much of your graphics so may speed up. Vista did not include SSD's and seven does so when comparing with that it will be low.. This is just my suggestion btw i may be talking utter rubbish

Another thing as well is that the max score in seven is 7.9 not 5.9 as it is in vista

vibeone;5093583

who cares - windows 7 rocks my world!(I dunno... sounds odd)

Do you reckon its worth getting the RC?
    do they do Updates, does it accept all the old vista drivers and stuff?
    when a new RC comes along will a new install need to be done, or just an update?

I had 5.9 across the board on my VistaSP1 64bit, I installed RC1 7100 when it came out last weekend but saw this on HUKD and decided to test and see.

It would seem the HDD benchmark has been raised in the expectation that SSD Drives will become the norm as seen here:
    harddrivebenchmark.net/hig…tml

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9637/win7b.png

Jetpac;5093866

Do you reckon its worth getting the RC?do they do Updates, does it accept … Do you reckon its worth getting the RC?do they do Updates, does it accept all the old vista drivers and stuff?when a new RC comes along will a new install need to be done, or just an update?

You should be able to update as that was the case with Vista. And seven does support vista drivers but in some cases has to be forced

I wouldn't loose any sleep over what Microsoft's built in benchmarks say, or the different scores between W7 and Vista....

Original Poster

I suppose it doesn't really matter as me old laptop feels twice as fast :thumbsup:
    Gonna try it on my netbook now, have left rep for everyone

om4r;5093916

You should be able to update as that was the case with Vista. And seven … You should be able to update as that was the case with Vista. And seven does support vista drivers but in some cases has to be forced

Would you recommend it? I'm currently using Vista business.
    What version of 7 is the RC1 equivalent to?
    the RC gives you a licence untill june 2010 doesn't it?

Well I think they have spread the range for the hard disk as pretty much all desktop drives (SATA2) on vista scored 5.9. So a laptop drive with less cache and 4200 or 5400rpm 2.0 is probably right so an SCSI 10,000rpm drive should be at the top.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5094115

Well I think they have spread the range for the hard disk as pretty much … Well I think they have spread the range for the hard disk as pretty much all desktop drives (SATA2) on vista scored 5.9. So a laptop drive with less cache and 4200 or 5400rpm 2.0 is probably right so an SCSI 10,000rpm drive should be at the top.

By the looks of things, the top end, very expensive SSD's are outperforming enterprise level 15,000rpm SAS drives.

Jetpac;5094094

Would you recommend it? I'm currently using Vista business.What version … Would you recommend it? I'm currently using Vista business.What version of 7 is the RC1 equivalent to?the RC gives you a licence untill june 2010 doesn't it?

If it's a business PC then I'd definitely not recommend it. Vista 7 RC is an unfinished testing version.

EndlessWaves;5096547

If it's a business PC then I'd definitely not recommend it. Vista 7 RC is … If it's a business PC then I'd definitely not recommend it. Vista 7 RC is an unfinished testing version.

it isnt, it just the version i have.
    its a home pc

Jetpac;5096561

it isnt, it just the version i have.its a home pc

If you've got nothing to lose then you could give it a try, but it doesn't look like there is that much that's ]new. The new window resizing/control mechanisms might be good but I've not heard of anything else that'll make me want to buy it when it comes out, although I haven't tried it yet.

Just finished wiping XP and installing Windows 7 "demo". First impression, brilliant!
    Most of the things I found so annoying about Vista have disappeared and it is just as quick as my XP install was.

Swiped a free 6month subscription of F-Secure Internet Security to go with it. Smashing!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6551247
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314

See more discussions