Windows 7 where to pre-order FULL version

I've seen the deals on here for windows 7 pre order, but does anyone know where i can pre order the full version not the upgrade?

I've looked on play & amazon but they all say i need xp / vista or just vista

10 Comments

They are full version, you need a clean install ( not upgrade)

Banned

there is no upgrade?

and im sure there are several threads on this subject already

Original Poster

joew360;5756422

They are full version, you need a clean install ( not upgrade)

How comes under system requirements it says xp / vista?

apples33;5756439

How comes under system requirements it says xp / vista?

Mistake on Amazons part.

Basically the EU has told Microsoft to take OUT internet explorer from Windows. That is why there is an E at the end of the product name.

Microsoft SAY that providing an upgrde version of V7 would mean they would have to remove IE from Windows during the upgrade from Vista.

This, they say, is too difficult.

I am sure they could do it if they wanted to, I think they are hoping there will be such as row about it that it will embaress the EU.

So there is no upgrade version in Europe, only clean installs.

Original Poster

guilbert53;5756611

Mistake on Amazons part.Basically the EU has told Microsoft to take OUT … Mistake on Amazons part.Basically the EU has told Microsoft to take OUT internet explorer from Windows. That is why there is an E at the end of the product name.Microsoft SAY that providing an upgrde version of V7 would mean they would have to remove IE from Windows during the upgrade from Vista.This, they say, is too difficult.I am sure they could do it if they wanted to, I think they are hoping there will be such as row about it that it will embaress the EU.So there is no upgrade version in Europe, only clean installs..

That clears it up thanks mate, just pre-ordered :thumbsup:

guilbert53;5756611

Microsoft SAY that providing an upgrde version of V7 would mean they … Microsoft SAY that providing an upgrde version of V7 would mean they would have to remove IE from Windows during the upgrade from Vista.This, they say, is too difficult.

No, they said they can't do it in the few months remaining until Windows 7 is due to launch. They are supposed to be brining out E upgrade versions later on.

Not really a mistake, if your pc does not run XP or Vista it will not be capable of running Windows 7. Make sure you do the compatability check before you buy. You may need a new pc.

Original Poster

059;5757227

Not really a mistake, if your pc does not run XP or Vista it will not be … Not really a mistake, if your pc does not run XP or Vista it will not be capable of running Windows 7. Make sure you do the compatability check before you buy. You may need a new pc.

Done the check on my pc and all is fine, although i'm building a new pc in time for windows 7 so 100% the new pc will be fine

059;5757227

Not really a mistake, if your pc does not run XP or Vista it will not be … Not really a mistake, if your pc does not run XP or Vista it will not be capable of running Windows 7. Make sure you do the compatability check before you buy. You may need a new pc.

But it may be a new PC built and never run any version of Windows.

So it that sense it does not NEED XP or Vista to work.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523392
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846050
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions