Found 20th Mar 2009
just after some info, windows internet explorer 8, is it any good, is it much different than 7 and is it worth downloading.

thank you

1. Misc
  2. Windows
16 Comments

Firefox?

ive been using ie8 for ages, its ok

i,ve heard its out but i,m still using ie7 at min, am tempted to download it to see what its like, but i think i will wait a while till its up n running properly to hear other peoples views on it

strike;4691499

Firefox?

+1

lol wecome to 2008

Banned

[url]www.getfirefox.com[/url]

Original Poster

black gerbil1;4691577

lol wecome to 2008

i know im a bit slow but if something works why fix it, and ie 7 is fine for me at the mo

Original Poster

n1ttygr1tty;4691552

i,ve heard its out but i,m still using ie7 at min, am tempted to download … i,ve heard its out but i,m still using ie7 at min, am tempted to download it to see what its like, but i think i will wait a while till its up n running properly to hear other peoples views on it

might do that myself :thumbsup:

black gerbil1;4691577

lol wecome to 2008

It was only officially released yesterday, 2008 was when the beta version was released.

I tried Internet Explorer 8 and hated it. In fact, I had so many problems with it such as images or complete websites not showing up due to incompatibility (compatibility mode usually didn't fix the problem) that I had to restore my laptop to an earlier date to get rid of it as I couldn't uninstall it!

ding;4691617

i know im a bit slow but if something works why fix it, and ie 7 is fine … i know im a bit slow but if something works why fix it, and ie 7 is fine for me at the mo

That's just it though IE7 doesn't work, it's not compliant with Web Standards for a start, has more holes than Swiss cheese and is about as flexible as a concrete floor. IE8 is better and some of the new ideas are intereting, but I still prefer Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome myself though :thumbsup:.

Original Poster

thanks for your help guys i will look into other options like firefox and stuff and then make up my mind

google chrome is my preference - never crashes and uses very little resources. They also sorted the incompatibility probs with hotmail - download it in seconds and give it a go. It's zippy fast... much better than FF and a world better than the IE crash monster...

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4692122

. much better than FF ..

Erm no.

Faster than Firefox at the moment yes, but featureless in comparison to firefox.

strike;4691499

Firefox?

+1

ive found IE 8 slower at starting up prob same time as firefox

mine crashes when i click on the command bar a little bit

anyone else have the same problem
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Show us your Photos 2017. October's Theme - 'Anything'32486
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247615