Windows Live Mail alternative recommendations?

Posted 14th Oct
This has been long overdue. Running Windows Live Mail 2012, received an email telling me it was an old less secure email client blah blah (nothing I didn't already know) advising me to upgrade as they'll no longer be supporting it, Sky that is.

Your tuppence worth appreciated . I'd rather hear from real world users instead of the reading the blurb.

tia
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I still use WLM '12. I haven't found anything that's much better.
But I do use "Gmail Notifier Pro", to check for emails before checking with WLM. It saves downloading any spam emails.

You could try "eM Client" (free for two accounts) or the obvious "Thunderbird".
For secure emails, you could try "ProtonMail". But there's no client, it's just an App and/or website.
Thunderbird on my desktop, Aquamail on my android
Have you tried the mail client built into Windows 10?
Thanks for the replies folks, will look into the suggestions.

@Gormond Windows 7 man this end, can you tell I don't like change and Android all the way on the handheld.
Tried then all over the years and emclient is easily the best

emclient.com/
Arbk6614/10/2019 20:25

Thanks for the replies folks, will look into the suggestions.@Gormond …Thanks for the replies folks, will look into the suggestions.@Gormond Windows 7 man this end, can you tell I don't like change and Android all the way on the handheld.

Doesn't support (no more security updates) end for Windows 7 in January?
Arbk6614/10/2019 20:25

Thanks for the replies folks, will look into the suggestions.@Gormond …Thanks for the replies folks, will look into the suggestions.@Gormond Windows 7 man this end, can you tell I don't like change and Android all the way on the handheld.

I use many devices, Android, Apple, Windows and Linux.
Even if that was not the case I would use Google mail always. No real need for me to have device email clients - and just in case it needs to be said I configure Google mail to collect mail from my differing addresses.
If I was really forced to have a device email client I would go for ThunderMail.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants