Groups

windows startup, bios probelem, keyboard not working.

Hi all,

I have this problem, had a virus that I got rid of, but as I have a few Operating Systems on this PC, I have lost the ability to select one other than XP as my keyboard doesnt start working until the default OS starts up.

This also means I have no access to my Bios.

Is this a Bios problem or a driver problem.

Im usually OK with stuff like this, but this is a new one to me. Keyboard doesnt even light up till XP starts.

Thanks, any advice is welcome.

5 Comments

Banned

get an adaptor so that the keyboard plugs into the ps/2 socket

about £2 on ebay

If you can't get into the bios it won't be a driver problem as the bios loads before the OS. Do you have a PS/2 keyboard you could use to get you into the bios and then make sure usb legacy devices is enabled? Also try turning off the PC and plugging your keyboard into a different usb slot. Maybe there's a problem with your USB host.

Original Poster

csiman, tried a ps2 and a usb, nothing.

Dee, tried diff USB slots too.

Original Poster

Dee, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Bios, just reset the cmos jumper on the board and all is good, apparantly the virus changed the bios setting so I couldnt access it. The Cmos reset, rest the bios to default. Good times.

generaloneill

Dee, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Bios, just reset the … Dee, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Bios, just reset the cmos jumper on the board and all is good, apparantly the virus changed the bios setting so I couldnt access it. The Cmos reset, rest the bios to default. Good times.

Glad it all worked out for ya!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word survey47
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1018
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions