Groups
    EXPIRED

Windows Update

Running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Just formatted thanks to Rappy - gone to do the Windows Update and it wont. it stays at o% of 85 updates.

Any Help?

20 Comments

Has it been activated or done genuine advantage?

try doing just one update and see how it goes , than do about 10 at a time.

ps pick an update in the middle of the list

Original Poster

niggit;7190351

Has it been activated or done genuine advantage?

:?

Original Poster

Joey Bloggsy;7190359

try doing just one update and see how it goes , than do about 10 at a … try doing just one update and see how it goes , than do about 10 at a time. ps pick an update in the middle of the list

Still staying at 0%

Right click on my computer, then properties.At bottom it will say if it's activated.

microsoft.com/Gen…ne/ Left hand side, you can click windows genuine for it to check.

May need a reboot after either.

If nothing then download and install vista sp2 if it's not already on. Reboot and try again, should work

microsoft.com/dow…=en

Original Poster

Downloading the SP2 because windows updates keeps crashing. Will keep you upto date

No problem,going back to work in a few mins, but will check about 10ish, if you need any help.

Sp2 should take off some of them updates and may get it going again.

Original Poster

Cheers pal

Is this occuring when trying to install SP2? I had great difficulties doing this for a relative, but finally found a fix.

If you still haven't sorted it, I'll find the fix and post it for you. (Doesn't look like I've saved it though... Grr..)

From what I remember though, the issue arose because of some strange corruption in the actual download of the update not allowing the installation to continue (or complete). To fix it I had to delete the folder that contained the download (Sadly I don't remember what it was and thoroughly wish I'd saved the site I found this info from). It then re-downloaded the update and installed fine.

Original Poster

Iv got to install SP1 first its saying :thinking:

redvee92;7190630

Iv got to install SP1 first its saying :thinking:

Hmm, try installing SP1 first then:

microsoft.com/dow…=en

Original Poster

17 hours! :shock:

redvee92;7190679

Download time? You on dial-up brah?

Original Poster

No - im on virgin boradband.

Just what it says on there - its downloaded now just needs to install.

redvee92;7190737

No - im on virgin boradband. Just what it says on there - its downloaded … No - im on virgin boradband. Just what it says on there - its downloaded now just needs to install.

Oh ok, let it install then It won't take 17 hours (hopefully)

throw some bucks fizz over your computer, blame it on the misses and claim on your insurance!!!

then kabam you'll be trying to update windows 7 in no time!!!

Original Poster

Installed SP1 and now windows update is installing them :thumbsup: Cheers

redvee92;7192028

Installed SP1 and now windows update is installing them :thumbsup: … Installed SP1 and now windows update is installing them :thumbsup: Cheers

Sorted

redvee92;7190679

Where you doing it over wireless? SP1 didn't like that for some reason.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7194990

Where you doing it over wireless? SP1 didn't like that for some reason.

Yeh. why should that slow it down? :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions