Groups

Windows Vista - Add Drivers

Hi All,

This is a stab in the dark..
    I have my Windows Vista CD, but when I goto install or repair the Windows CD does not contain drivers for my Hard Drive.

The drivers are located on a CD, which need to be installed to a floppy disc.

Anyways, I dont what to be hassled trying to find the floppy disc each time Id like to install the drivers, so I was wondering if anyone knew where about on the Vista CD the folder is where it keeps all the drivers for when it runs setup.

Id like to re-make the CD and include these drivers.

Cheers

6 Comments

Have you had a look at vlite? It's the Vista version of nlite which was a very good slipstreaming tool.

John

can you not download the driver from the manufacturers website and then add it to the disc, I have done this before, downloaded driver from HP by putting in the model of the laptop then added it to my driver disc. might be worth a look

The term is slipstreaming and, although I don't have a link handy, there's plenty of information on the web on how to do it.

Original Poster

thanks for the support, alothugh i thought i could just add the driver file to a directory and be able to re-burn the cd?

I don't understand why you want to try and do it manually when there are free tools that do it automatically for you?

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;3681748

I don't understand why you want to try and do it manually when there are … I don't understand why you want to try and do it manually when there are free tools that do it automatically for you?John

I would just like to have this one file put onto the CD, so when i go and re-install or repair my OS it auto loads the driver for ym hard drive, instead of hitting F6 in the first 5secs of install.. if i miss it i have to restart.. its just for convience tbh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians916
      2. word association Game74044566
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1023
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710

See more discussions