Windows Vista Can't Download Anything - Please Help

Found 24th Nov 2010
Everything on the internet works but it can't download anything. Even you tube won't play because it downloads the vid before you can play it. Can someone help before I have to wipe the drive and re-install vista?

1. Misc
  2. Windows
8 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Is your anti-virus blocking it?

Original Poster

Good question let me check.

Original Poster

Why would it only block downloads though and not anything else? - I am checking

Sloth/Mod

FoX5

Why would it only block downloads though and not anything else? - I am … Why would it only block downloads though and not anything else? - I am checking

Sometimes they get a life of their own i'm sure. lol

Original Poster

McAfee just says everything is protected and there's nothing wrong with anything. Don't really know what to look at.

Sloth/Mod

FoX5

McAfee just says everything is protected and there's nothing wrong with … McAfee just says everything is protected and there's nothing wrong with anything. Don't really know what to look at.

Try disabling it and then see if you can watch a youtube video. If it is that then probably do a fresh install of McAfee

Original Poster

OK its not my computer and I'm on the phone to a friend and he hasn't got a clue so I'm going to have to go round his house. Thanks for the suggestions and I will disable McAfee when I get there and try it. If it doesn't work I'll make a new post.

Windows Vista downloads things fine, Chrome / Firefox / IE / Safari / whatever other browser downloads things fine. Since they can be ruled out as the cause of the problem, it's a safe bet that the trouble's caused by something you've installed. Look through what you've got installed, especially things that tie in with your browser, and change its settings or disable it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project36
    2. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas67
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?67
    4. How much should fitting bathroom cost713

See more discussions